rugbyunion
Latest News:
16 August 2014, KO 15:00 Gloucester XV v Yorkshire Carnegie @ Kingsholm

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Fat Bloke Sevens 2010 - Time to Lard Up!
Timofe (IP Logged)
05 April, 2010 23:42
I received an application form today for the CHP Consulting International Fat Bloke Sevens 2010 on the weekend of 16/17 July.

The Lardies have entered a men's team but not a women's team this year. If any Lardy Ladies want to play, there are a number of impromptu teams requiring players on the day.

The entry fee for the men's tournament is 100.

As many of you know, the idea of my parting with hard-earned cash is an anathema to my Yorkshire roots, so it's time to get serious. If you intend to participate in the Lardies team or are an on-site camp follower (i.e. will be in a tent, regardless of sexual orientation), please complete the form below and send it to me by PM.

In order to comply with RFU insurance (which does not include loss of earnings cover), I will need a current email address from you, hence the request to PM me unless you want your email address to be made public.

Please inform any playing friends who you would like to involve, but who might not read this message board.

Meals will be provided on Friday night and Sunday morning at a cost of 5 each meal. On Saturday morning there will be individually priced delights on the barbecue.

We will be playing in the same shirt as last year. Please complete the relevant section of the form below, regardless of whether you have a shirt already or not. Shirt prices will be determined when I have all the orders in, but are likely to be around the 35-40 mark. I need at least 10 orders before I can order any.

Camping pitches are 10 for the weekend for each 10'x8' pitch. If your tent is larger than one pitch, please say so.

Be aware that an entry is also a promise to pay and I will collect the money even if you cannot attend due to unforeseen circumstances.

Finally, the tournament's objective is to raise money for charity. This year, the charities are Help for Heroes, The Wooden Spoon and The Handstand Charity for child meningitis. If you can sponsor the team, please let me know.

The information I need ASAP is as follows:

Full name:
Message board alias:
Email address:
Mobile phone number:

Number of camping pitches required:
Number of meals required on Friday night:
Number of meals required on Sunday morning:

Do you have a shirt already? Yes/No

If "no", do you want to buy one? Yes/No
Shirt Size:
Shirt Name:
Shirt Number:

Riding the Leeds roller-coaster since 2001

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2010 17:26 by Timofe.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Fat Bloke Sevens 2010 - Time to Lard Up!
Timofe (IP Logged)
08 April, 2010 13:44
New content has been posted to www.lardies.org

MESSAGES->author
Timofe (IP Logged)
03 May, 2010 10:56
Just to let you know, I will expect a 10 entry fee from each Lardies player in this year's tournament. I paid a team entry fee of 100 and I need to recoup that loss.

Any over-payment will go into the water/beer kitty, as usual.

MESSAGES->author
Timofe (IP Logged)
24 May, 2010 09:33
Training starts this Wednesday at West Park, that's 19:30 on the 26th May.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net