rugbyunion
Latest News:
7th September 2014, KO 15:00 Cornish Pirates v Yorkshire Carnegie @ The Mennaye

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

haxbytyke
On the pitch leadership
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:53
It has been said on numerous occassions, that Titts has not been the dynamic captain we all expected, and he is far too quiet, both with the players, and with the officials.He also showed today his decision making leaves a bit to be desired
Who have we got, who is inspirational, and could make that extra difference that we need from a leader?
For me, we have two young players who have both captained their country successfully at under 20 level, so why not give Rowan, or Walker the chance to stake a claim.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2012 20:54 by Haxbytyke.

MESSAGES->author
Re: On the pitch leadership
JDH (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:58
i would drop titts to the bench. All that i remember of him today was giving away penalties

until mac is back you have to go with rowan, whether he is vocal enough on the pitch i dont know

we must also have the most quiet scrum halfs in the league! they need to go to the gommers school of chat..

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:03
I wasn't at the game but listened to Rob Rawlinson summerising as I came back from Lincoln. He queried the decision made by AT to go for a Scrum after being awarded a penalty which was in a kickable position and would have given Leeds a 10 point margin. He hoped it wouldn't backfire on Leeds but again it did and Bedford defended the Scrum and went up the field and equalised.

Poor decision making has cost Leeds dearly on several occasions this season and DE must be pulling his hair out, no wonder he subbed AT almost straight away.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
farmertyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:04
Haxby you are being kind.....it could, but I do not think it will, have cost the club alot of money today when we fail to get into the semis. What Titterell did was barking mad today and if I had been a player I would be very disheartened. I have always been a hugh supporter of him but if that is his decision making he should hand over the reigns.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:45
Agree 100% Haxby

Shocking decision making from Titts today. I'm a fairly inexperienced rugby supporter and I knew we should have taken the 3 points and so did my 12 year old son.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:47
Your 12 year old would probably have kicked the penalty it was that easy.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:51
I like to think he would have done

(Sm74)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:53
Oops, clicked the wrong smiley!

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:09
Plug for captain!

Bibby
Bibby (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:36
I know why he did it. We were on top in the scrum and he thought we might get a penalty try and a yellow card. As a front row forward I think he got white line fever.

MESSAGES->author
merry (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:50
Quote:
Bibby
I know why he did it. We were on top in the scrum and he thought we might get a penalty try and a yellow card. As a front row forward I think he got white line fever.
yup, that's all i could think of to say when my friend asked 'why aren't we kicking for goal?'.

she looked at me like i'm daft... (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 21:36
I would say that the decision has led to the need for a great deal of bridge building before a team is named for next weekend having witnessed some differences on Sunday.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 19:40
I for one, will be keeping an eye out for the team to be annonced tomorrow for Bedford, to see if there are any recriminations arising from last weekends match.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net