rugbyunion
Latest News:
27 December 2014, KO 14:30
Yorkshire Carnegie v Worcester Warriors @ Headingley

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Bradford Bulls
Freddyshark (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 09:05
I know many of you dont care much about Rugby League but to me its rugby and anything with an oval shaped ball is good.

Today is deadline day for the future of this once great club and Northern institution. Apparrantly 300K has been raised but a further 200K is required by lunchtime or its curtains.

Personally I think that this is rabid scaremongering by Caisley in a n attempt to get cash out of people. The Bradford v Rhinos game on Friday (tomorrow) should see them home and dry with massive gate receipts expected. Why would you put the club into administration today when that game is tomorrow.

I can smell the wiff of mucky stuff from the bulls headquarters but it is a very sad situation all the same.

Bradford sport is mirroring Leeds Sport in many ways.

Bradford Bulls in the bull sh**
Bradford City...on the brink of going south and out of league
Bradford Park Avenue..a remarkable fight back but falling short.
Bradford Cabadi team doing ok.

Love thy fellow man and be happy

prawn cocktail
Re: Bradford Bulls
prawn cocktail (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 11:27
Caisley nowadays has nothing to do with Bradford Bulls; he is only a cause of their predicament.

Feeding
Feeding (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:11
Caisley left the Bulls around 8 yrs ago - although some people believe his role in the Harris saga hasn't helped things.

MESSAGES->author
GJD (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 16:51
About time teams that live beyond their means fall to the way side..

Should happen in Wendy ball as well.. If it happens to us, then so be it.

MESSAGES->author
Freddyshark (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 10:43
With respect Caisley is the major shareholder although he resigned his directorship. He still has a great deal of influence.

prawn cocktail
06 April, 2012 15:40
The major shareholders in the Bulls are Peter Hood (56%), Andrew Bennett (34%), and Stephen Coulby (8%). Chris Caisley doesn't own any shares.

MESSAGES->author
Freddyshark (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 16:12
I think he does.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 16:17
According to the YEP Caisley owns 25% of Bradford Bulls and is demanding that the CEO resigns.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

prawn cocktail
06 April, 2012 18:57
I apologise to Madtyke; I think you and the papers are correct. My information came from their last three annual returns to Companies House, and I failed to notice that they had recorded only changes to shareholdings during that period. They are required by law to declare a full list of shareholders within this period, but they seem not to have done it.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 19:57
I believe the BB deadline has now passed - anyone know if they are (hopefully) saved?

I wasn't born in Yorkshire, but I got here as soon as I could

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 22:12 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
Freddyshark (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 22:08
"Caisley, who left the club as chairman in 2006, remains the club's largest stakeholder and has called for an extraordinary general meeting".

Caisley is and always has been the biggest single shareholder.

Cailsey asked the other major shareholders to put pressure on hood to resign but so far he has refused to do so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net