rugbyunion
Latest News:
7 November 2014, KO 20:00
Yorkshire Carnegie v Rotherham @ HC

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

exheadingley
TODAYS MATCH
exheadingley (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 13:43
iS IT ON THE RADIO AT ALL

rotherhamtillidie
Re: TODAYS MATCH
rotherhamtillidie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 13:49
the link on the bbc website isnt working, its going to a london irish commentary! anyone got the right link?

MESSAGES->author
Loosehead (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 13:52
dont think its on bbc leeds, you will want to check what BBC South Yorks, poss sheffield radio on the MW

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:05
Penalty to Roth

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:07
3-0 after 5 min

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:18
3-0 after 16 min. Leeds more in the game with McColl prominent.

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:20
Ford pen, 3-3

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
lassie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:23
Thanks WW, so frustrating not being able to listen
Come on Leeds !

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:23
TRY! Burrows, 3-8

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:26
3-10 after 24 min, Ford converts!

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:31
Pen Roth, 6-10

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:35
another try to tykes, con missed by Ford 6 - 15

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
SFS (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:37
Ford uses the wind to edge his kick in from long range to make it 6-18 after 36 minutes after Titts Try

Rebranded as ‘Yorkshire Carnegie’

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:41
Hard to gauge from tweets but we seem to be getting on top!

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:44
Half time 6-18. Leeds to have the breeze in their faces in the second half.

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:44
half time 6 - 18 to Leeds

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 14:59
2nd half underway. Leeds player drops kickoff

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:07
6-18 after 47 min, Walker & Mo on for Aulika & Penders.

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:11

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:13
Ford hits post, 6-18 after 52 min

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
SFS (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:23
5 point lead now Come on Leeds

MESSAGES->author
SFS (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:40
13 - 21 almost time

MESSAGES->author
SFS (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:43
Monahan scores with final play of the game for Rotherham, Hamilton missed con so FINAL SCORE Rotherham 18 Leeds Carnegie 21

MESSAGES->author
lassie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 15:45
Thanks to all for the updates
Well done Leeds (Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
Baaartman (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 17:03
It was a VERY poor start by Leeds. The handling errors really let them down. That said, after about 15 mins they got their act together. The second half however, it was the same old story. Rotherham came out full of gusto whilst Leeds didn't!
To be honest, I fully expected Rotherham to win.
Big Mac came off injured - does anyone know how serious and what it was with?
I thought the decision to replace Ford with Bell came far too late too.
7 out of 10 for effort.

Life is what you make of it - you only get 1 so enjoy it

MESSAGES->author
bunj1967 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 17:34
Excellent win, lets hope it sets up next weekend as yet another nail biter.
Well done today it might not have been pretty but a win is a win!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 18:04
Hard fought win after a shaky (to say the least) start. Roth had a "try" disallowed presumably for not grounding after about 6 minutes and after that get out of jail card we managed to hold on for a win against the wind and the might of the ferocious Roth crash-ball merchants. Titts even scored a rolling maul try against the forward might of Roth. Good spirit showed by the lads in tricky conditions, wind and rain, that favoured Rotherham. So is the Yorkshire franchise safe?

lungs
lungs (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 18:25
Roth's early "try " was disallowed because the ball had crossed the dead ball line as confirmed by the assistant referee.

MESSAGES->author
farmertyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 18:31
Probably a tad lucky as Rotherham did not kick points when they should have done. Leeds played as they have all season....good in parts but woeful at times. The passing is still dire even when we had all the Sale backs on. Oh and one more thing could DE explain to the boys that you cannot run in when the opposition are taking a penalty kick....

barnpot
Tarquin (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 18:38
Roth's early 'try' was a try in my opinion. I was stood much closer than the referee and assistant and the ball was touched down a good six inches in play.....but my opinion does not count for much, well not when it comes to rugby scores.

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:15
At the end of the day it was a win....though they tried hard at the end to lose it.

A great display from the forwards who all worked a shift. McColl and Stepho were the pick of the backs.

Would quite like Giles to put a 'Howlers' DVD together at the end of the season set to the old Benny Hill music. Should be enough there for a box set.....

and SIGN RICHARD BECK NOW!!

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:27
Until tomorrows result comes through from The Mennaye we are at least mathematically in with a chance of progression to the play-off semi's but I do not know whether we deserve it? We continue to give away a substantial number of penalties and make numerous errors in between flashes of good/brilliant play (these always seem to be in the minority though) and it is always a nerve jangling experience supporting Leeds Carnegie and oh yes ....... we won again today!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:27
I would like to say that the referee today was excellent. We all know what a difficult job it is and how hard it is to handle a "derby" match, which including a good 5 minutes of "handbags at 20 paces" in the second half. An excellent performance, noted by the lack of prominence of the whistle.

I wasn't born in Yorkshire, but I got here as soon as I could

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:54
Mr Lee, apparently (don't tell Rotherham) resides in Horsforth, Leeds.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 19:57
Quote:
Beeston Lion
Mr Lee, apparently (don't tell Rotherham) resides in Horsforth, Leeds.

(Sm163)

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 20:16
I don't think Roth can complain , they play a very physical style that takes the game to the limits of the law. I admire their crash ball technique but there is little finesse and opposing teams know what to expect. Shame our homework wasn't up to spec when we played them at Headingley. Or should we have brought alomg Mr Lee?

I wasn't born in Yorkshire, but I got here as soon as I could

exheadingley
exheadingley (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:31
I did go today and although no we did not loose we honestly were not worthy winners. A happy year in the championship.

williamwebbellis
williamwebbellis (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 07:44
Not a win to be pleased with at this stage of the season with a so called ‘full strength squad’ playing against a weakened Rotherham squad.

Rotherham’s injury list of first choice players was the biggest positive for Leeds yesterday. Rotherham didn’t even have a proper 10 on the pitch (Stop it - I know what some of you are thinking)

Andy Titterrell played well again as did Richard Beck and Sean Hohneck. But that was it for me. The rest was another disappointing performance to say the least, in spite of the win.

Dreadful handling errors again, and again, and again. The ’Beast’, and Joe Ford being dragged down the field whilst they were BOTH trying to ground a Rotherham winger…at the same time???? Sort of says it all for me.

DE had his head down on the barrier unable to watch as Rotherham got their steam up in the second half; he should be FORCED to watch in my opinion!

A win is a win, but…. Rotherham’s disallowed try was a try!

Carnegiette1
Carnegiette1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 08:57
Quote:
exheadingley
I did go today and although no we did not loose we honestly were not worthy winners.

A bit harsh, I think, would Rotherham have been?

Rotherham could/should have been out of sight due to our basic errors in the first 10 mins or so.

Slowly we got into it and were worth our half time lead.

Roth threw a lot at us in the 2nd half and we did just enough to keep them out.

So on balance we probably did deserve to win, though I concur not our best or prettiest performance.

IF Bedford win today, then our destiny is back in our own hands. Then next week we are either good enough or we're not - simple.

I still maintain, that on our day we can beat any team in this league(and have done except Donny - I think). Our problem is we don't play at that level consistently......

Bran
Bran (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 11:55
Carnegiette, your wrong the best team is Bristol by far. If it wasn't for the play off system it would have been over at Christmas.

Carnegiette1
Carnegiette1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 12:58
Bran- I may be wrong, but am entitled to my opinion.

And yes, I tend to agree Bristol are probably the best team in the league. However we beat them as have others.

Like it or not, agree with the rules or not, we are in a league which has a play off system. Whoever wins the play-offs wins the league (Almost, but not quite irrespective of where they finished in the league)

There are a number of teams who COULD still win it

Bran
Bran (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 15:10
only a couple can qualify, only one has any chance if gained promotion. We are a mid table championship side, end of. We have to hope we can build on it next year, I'm not convinced we will I do not expect to be in the finals next year witout massive changes Leeds are now in the league they deserve, and can cope with.
This saddens me, but we are not good enough and we are a very long way from being the top team in the championship.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net