rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 14 January KO 15:00 Bedford Blues v Yorkshire Carnegie @ Goldington Road B&I Cup

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

TykesRugby.co.uk
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 15:24
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

headingleytyke
Re: So long and thanks for all the fish.
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 15:48
Great post. As I said in another post what is our ambition. On what's being done I feel the board see another year in the Championship. Should perhaps we not let Red path go now and let the jumper see what he can really do. Anyway he cannot jump back to Bradford, or can he

MESSAGES->author
Rocky's Dad (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 16:14
Life, Don't Talk to Me About Life

Nice post

We will have to wait and see if this is genius or just more of the same old sa.........

Carnegiette1
Carnegiette1 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 17:01
Can't get too fussed about Redpath going either way- he's had 2 years at it and while we are undoubtedly in a better place than when he joined, with the squad we have (to be fair recruited by him) we should be performing better than we are doing.

Very disappointed by the Jimmy news though- clearly we haven't learned that lesson. And yes while he can't jump to Bradford Bulls any more, no doubt he'll jump somewhere.

With the most settled (and most talented) squad of the last few years in 2014 he achieved the same results as Redpath did last year. Then the majority of that squad jumped ship and his recruitment was poor.

Wait and see who we get as DoR I suppose

MESSAGES->author
Rocky (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 19:51
Totally fair post.

I was full of hope when Brush signed, initially our forward orientated plan worked well (catch and drive) however when we had control we never tried plan B. When plan B was needed we were found lacking and we came short.

This year has been a case of hot and cold, when it clicks we are dominant however it isn't maintained for 80 minutes. There was one game thus far this year where it was the opportunity to make a statement, that was against Irish and we capitulated on a bloody cold day with very little to warm the body or soul.

Responsibility for the bipolar performances lies throughout the club with some strange selections and erratic substitutions surrendering momentum exacerbating some of the challenges faced.

I understand the concerns some have with Jimmy coming back and jumping ship, these are valid, I however feel that with someone experienced above him to deal with the s*** that comes with the game allowing him to focus on the game. He is a great person to manage a game plan and the stuff behind the scenes may not be his thing.

We have a talented group of players and the group believe that they are capable of getting into the premiership. That is the first battle, now the stuff on the pitch has to reflect the mental position.

I am behind the team for the year ahead and we need to start laying down some really impressive uncompromising performances over the coming months to lay a marker down for the playoffs. We need to start this on Saturday in the B&I cup, we are 2nd in the league and we are pretty much guaranteed a play off berth. As has been proved before in the playoffs 80 minute performances are key, we missed out against London Welsh a few years ago because we tailed off at the end. Do this in the playoffs this year and the situation will repeat itself.

I know I sound a note of doom and gloom and its not entirely the case. We have a great team and the team know they can improve significantly and with the right structures they will.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 21:58
I personally think that brush has given this job his best and would like to thank him for his commitment, sometimes running a championship side must be like pushing water uphill. I suspect that a similar job in an established premiership side would be far easier. JLo was always going to to be the replacement. His apparent detection to the bulls was always regarded as a flash of heart ruling the mind.
I think we are in good hands.

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 04:36
Wonder how players feel don't suppose with confidentiality constraints that will ever come out but coming second in a two horse race how is that an achievement??? This was our opportunity we will never get a better or easier chance for promotion a four game season ???? Well maybe this news will fire squad up 3 games to go not a big ask !!! So is Gibson going as well ??? COYC !!!!

oopnorth
oopnorth (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 11:52
I wish him well in his new career. We were in a bit of a state when he arrived but still made the playoffs last year and should do so this. Our pack is stronger than it was, and BR brought some recent premiership experience for us to benefit from. It is never a good idea to part with coaches midway in the season.

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:49
You could always make an exception !!!maybe now it will give squad a fillet, and we can improve our performances!! COYC!!!

JohnnyP
JohnnyP (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:19
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the year under JL was a glorious year but we were ever so exciting to watch. First leg of play off at home was one of my all time best games. My point is that DE had assembled a good squad which was on the up when he was replaced. During that following season we only really struggled when we were dominated up front. That was an obvious issue the management failed to address all season and IMHO cost us promotion. We capitulated in the B&I cup final selecting a second string. Two big errors in my book and the man who made them and walked out is back.

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:59
Perhaps it's just possible to learn from your mistakes.

sent off carried off never backed off

JohnnyP
JohnnyP (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:15
That is indeed true but then again there is the Board of Yorkshire Carnegie.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:27
It will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are apparent in our performances as we progress towards the play-offs. If the performance improves then it would suggest that BR was the problem. I, on the other hand, our performance s deteriorate then it suggests that we are in the deep brown stuff.

(Sm124)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

ellishicks
ellishicks (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:04
Well BR is still in charge so I don't expect too much change before next year. I'm sure he will want to do well as he leaves the game and coming second in a two-horse race is what I expect. But we have a puncher's chance of beating Irish - so it's not over till it's over. Geech's comment is true, he leaves us better than he found us but somehow he hasn't really exceeded any expectation. His post-match interviews that I listen to on the way home always seem be a bit downbeat or dour. He has nothing of the Jones or even Cockerill about him that you can fully believe that his team will put in an inspired performance. I've always been sceptical about him as DoR but he still has a chance - that he's earned - to pull off a surprise and go out on a high. I wish him good luck in his future career.

tomthepom
tomthepom (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:28
Quote:
bird lover
You could always make an exception !!!maybe now it will give squad a fillet, and we can improve our performances!! COYC!!!

I know it's meant to be the 2nd biggest budget in the division, but fillet? I thought the players might have to make do with a rib-eye?!

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 12:59
Ha ha ha Tom that's very funny !!!!!!! COYC!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 17:16
I think rib-eye is the bestest - the flavour's in the fat!

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 17:57
Quote:
bird lover
Ha ha ha Tom that's very funny !!!!!!! COYC!!!!

....not! (Sm118)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Yorkshire Carnegie Poll

Who will win promotion to the premiership this season?

See results > Submit >>