rugbyunion
Latest News:

Watch this space

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Good weekend/ bad weekend?
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 09:53
If you are a Carnegie supporter who happens to be Irish , Scots or Italian then I would guess that it was a bad weekend for you. But what about the rest of you. I was relieved when I saw the Carnegie score, remembering what a distraction the cup was last year.

I did see two belting games of rugby. The Wales- Ireland game was immense - really exciting, even for a neutral observer. I took a lot of pleasure from seeing the Scots humiliated at HQ as well as from the cracking back play on show from England.

So, for me, all things considered, a good weekend (Sm134)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Good weekend/ bad weekend?
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 09:57
Stayed up for the sevens last night, fabulous entertainment, well deserved England win

Enjoyed U20 game although Sky commentary just as bad as IPA games

Caught a small amount of women's game

Great weekend for English Rugby, sad to say I forgot YC were playing till I saw report in rugby paper

North needs success
13 March, 2017 13:47
Excellent weekend. Always great to bash the Scots and "send 'em home ta think again". Second only to bashing the Welsh.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 18:00
Cracking game in lovely weather at Ripon on Sunday morning.

U18 academy playing Wharfedale. Ripon went in at the break 10-27 down but fought back in second half. Game ended with a Ripon player placing the ball over the try line after several phases of intense pressure and some excellent Wharfedale defence. Unfortunately he was pinged for a double movement and the game finished 24-27.

Carnegie out of the Ballache & Injury cup

England thrash the Scots

Not too shabby, all in all. Would've preferred a Ripon win though. Double movement my ar$e!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Yorkshire Carnegie Poll

Who will win promotion to the premiership this season?

See results > Submit >>