rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 23 December, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham @ Emerald stadium

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

knightandday
Car Parking at Castle Park,
knightandday (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 17:38
Please be aware, NO car parking at Castle Park this Sunday

www.drfc.co.uk/news/article/car-parking-knights-vs-carnegie

If you park at the school near the ground (i.e. not the park and ride) check what time they are closing the gates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2017 17:42 by knightandday.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Car Parking at Castle Park,
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 17:52

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 21:58
Worth knowing. Prob faster to walk than getting stuck on the grass for 30 mins anyway. Often in a bad mood having lost!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 23:16
So, where is the best place to park?

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 07:45
In front the telly? (Sm100)

Though I'll be on a sun bed. smileys with beer(Sm134)

I'll get me coat - not that I'll be wearing it!

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 11:54
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard or read !!!!! COLT!!! Teli for me then.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 11:58
That grass area is massive. Unless it is very wet and cannot be used. For the main game of the season and it been on tv seems a shame the fans are the ones getting inconvenienced.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 13:37
I think it's because that's where they park the TV trucks.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 13:51
TV trucks it is massive ?????? well Donny will loose out on sales because what should be 5 thousand plus gate just wont be. Teli for me COLT!!!!!

knightandday
knightandday (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 13:29
The huge area of grass has had two m&j pitches on it all season, so only half has been available.

The TV trucks are in the tarmac car park, where sponsors and hospitality normally park, so you know where they are going! leaving us erks out of the ground.

The Park and ride is 5 per car and is about a mile from the ground. The other school has been closing the gates at 17.00 (normal ko 14.30 at Donny) so if they do the same it'll be close with a 15.00 ko. That's why I said to check before you park there.

It may be worth looking at train to Donny and then bus to the ground (stop outside the ground) can't help you with numbers prices etc as I don't live in Donny.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 17:24
The saving grace of the afternoon. I missed the turning into the school, and 50 yards further on was a lane. Parked free.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 19:10
I take it back. Parking was better at the school than field.

John R
John R (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:55
It took me quite a while to get out of the College car park after the game, however many were parked in there trying to leave through one gate!

Up the Yorkshire Carnegie TYKES !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net