rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sunday 26 March KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Richmond @ Headingley Carnegie

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
2 points is better than a poke in the eye....
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:20
...with a sharp stick!

It could have been a lot worse!

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: 2 points is better than a poke in the eye....
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:33
Certainly true, but a disappointing effort. Their 13 and 11 always cause us problems but we just flap our arms at them or decide to give a scoring pass to the opposition. We get scrums in good position and have them on the back foot but decide to kick for touch instead, then throw a floaty line-out ball in stiff wind and wonder why it goes to them.

We need a convincing win next Sunday and at least four points at Bedford. I wouldn't put money on us beating Ealing even at home given the trend in our perfornances.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:38
Both Bedford and Ealing will be fancying their chances against us now. We still need 3 points to be assured of a play-off position although I am not sure I really want anymore humiliation this season.

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:51
Switched off for a spell in second half which ultimately cost us, looked at times like we had never played together, both yellows for tapping ball away were both harsh and how ref can go upstairs for dummy runner when in all prem and international games I have seen it's accepted is beyond me, the donny centre bought the dummy,

But defo take 2 points after that spell in 2nd half,

Elder needs snapping up I reckon but could tell which team were unchanged in 3 games Donny seemed better drilled

Sky was its usual Shiite Sanderson warned Donny that while they were going backwards YC were in kicking range..... whilst 5 points behind and 2 minutes left!!!!! Morris usual drivel, but the best moment by far was the comment "this is why the play offs are needed the championship gives some fantastic entertainment" from a company that has shown 3 games this season so far!,

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:08
OMG 13 men and a poor Donny side who tried hard to loose and we still could not win at times we look clueless Ford for Leicester now that is funny !!!! COLT !!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:35
Agree with the comment about it looked like we never played together. We were shocking in patches. Loosing the ball in contact all the time and getting turned over. We cannot put phases together and get the simple stuff right.
WHY did it take us to be down and out to wake up! Really disappointing. We cannot put a game plan together.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:58
We did today what we have done all season. Missed or fell off tackles, bought ridiculous dummies, got a yellow card, gave away penalties, conceded points on the stroke of half time, and made a mess of the restart when we had taken the lead, that gave them 3 points.
We also had 3 line outs within 5 metres of the line and cocked every one of them up.
The disallowed try could have gone our way, but with a huge overlap why try anything other than the basics and move the ball along the line. Very disappointing.
The gobby Donny crowd were stunned when they thought Ford had scored.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

CheshireTyke
CheshireTyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:33
Always been a difficult place to go to IMHO. But to turn up after losing 3 games previous I would of thought that it would of been a bullish YC raring to go to try and right a few wrongs. They were just dull!! Even when they were down to 13 still didn't get the feeling that they knew what to do. No chance is that side going to get out of semis. And there needs to be a big shake up within the squad. It's a thin squad and there is a lack of leadership and skill.

As for the rumours of ford going to tigers. Has the board got any funds to help get the transfer through?! He is dire.

MESSAGES->author
farmertyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:46
It was not the Donny fans that were stunned Haxby it was your fellow supporters next to you .
Very disappointing again I fear and as JDH says they look at times as though they have never played together.
Our attack is so predictable it is a doddle to defend against. Coupled with the usual errors that Haxby and others have cited and you are left with a pretty inept performance.
Not sure all the players are singing off the same hymn sheet and why do we only raise our game when we are 14 points adrift ?

Griz66
Griz66 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:54
Not our best performance that. Our attack has looked predictable for a couple of seasons now but what is particularly disappointing is our apparent inability to string more tan a couple of phases together.
Ford cannot be the best 10 available to us.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:31
Difficult to find any plus points but..

Casson came through a whole game. Has that happened before? A settled centre pairing would help get the ball out to the back 3.
I like Poole. Little ball of power. He will be a good player imo. Quick in the loose, reminds me a bit of thacker that plays for the tigers.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:34
Poole looked very useful. His barnstorming run sent Donny onto the back foot. Also Smithy catching a restart and send Josh in for his try. Shame Josh picked up what looked like a nasty injury. Good performance from the replacements today. I also thought Boyce put in a massive shift today. He had Quigley whinging to the officials a few times.

COME ON LEEDS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2017 21:36 by Haxbytyke.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:23
Three things that struck me were:
1) Boycie put in a terrific performance
2) Brilliant try by Bainbridge, but shame he was injured going over the line
3) Mouthy Scottish Donny tighthead, Quigley, tried to referee the scrum (remember the play-offs, last year?), when he went off we suddenly started winning penalties.

A really good game of Championship rugby, frustrating for Carnegie fans, but a good advert for professional rugby at this level. I hope this came across on TV.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 22:12
I see donny had Francis Cummins in the coaching setup.

I wonder what Griffiths would do at YC?

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 22:37
Well acording to Steve Boden in The Rugby Paper this morning, we have no head coach in place for next season. It's backs coach Jimmy Lowes, and Boden as forwards coach.

COME ON LEEDS.

ellishicks
ellishicks (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 22:56
Boyce is excellent in so many ways but he has been pinged so many times at the scrum, I'd be interested to see his stats. Quigley has always got the better of us at scrums for however long we've been playing him. But Boyce has struggled with other tight heads to the point where we have been seriously at risk every scrum. I wonder when Quins will start him.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:27
And someone sitting above them?

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:36
[www.google.co.uk]

Experienced DOR or Performance Director.

bird lover
bird lover (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 06:11
But we have Mr Gibson ?????? COLT !!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Yorkshire Carnegie Poll

Who will win promotion to the premiership this season?

See results > Submit >>