rugbyunion
Latest News:

F Saturday 25 November, KO 15:00, Jersey Reds v Yorkshire Carnegie @ St Peter's

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

headingleytyke
Lets be realistic.
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:35
we are not good enough for thee premiership. We are like the rest an average championship side. Going up wold be an embarrassing situation apart from the money men who would look at the income. Someone like Saracens would have put 100 points past us today.
So called premier aspiration players or those who have been there. Good luck for the future ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 09:43 by Wildwillie .

bird lover
Re: LET'S BE REALISTIC
bird lover (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:37
I have to agree. Some people banging on about how good we are and we could win play offs !!! Nonsense it's a terrible league poor standard if we went in Prem with this squad it would be embarrassing we look and play like a shabolic team set peace is poor execution of simple things is poor disapline and mistakes are poor at times today we looked lost !!!! And they were not much better !!! COLT !!!! I am fed up. I thought we would go there today a put on a show !!!!!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:28
Correct HT, let's be realistic. We are second on the table, 5 points clear of the team in third, and we have a game in hand. That is the reality!!!

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:36
We certainly seem to have set our sights on mediocrity though Hax. Without that buffer do you think we would finish second?

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:44
Willie, it's a 22 season race. It's not where you start, it's where you finish. I'll settle for second. We've got the points in the bag, at this stage of the season that is all that matters. Regarding the others in the race, the Donny v Jersey game will probably decide who finishes 4th.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:26
I sometimes think that our fans do not deserve Premiership rugby anyway. Always moaning, not always turning up.

(Sm159)

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 21:38
Agree Almo, a very disappointing turn out of Carnegie fans today. In faairness though, those of us who did go, had plenty of reasons to have a moan.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 22:00
Hax you make the valid point that, if you actually see the match, then you have paid your entrance fee and are entitled to comment on what you see. I suppose if the match is on TV that also applies, as you have paid a subscription.
But not going to the match and moaning at the result is not really constructive.

We all want a successful team, but more support and more vocal encouragement can actually help make that happen: moaning on a forum is less likely to help that happen.

headingleytyke
19 March, 2017 22:06
Haxby and almost I understand but the poor rugby we are puting out would you waste your money. Saw it on tv . Glad I did not go and wSte my money

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 22:30
Well we went, and it was an entertaining game. We didn't get the result we wanted, but we support our team whatever. And as Almo says, we pay our money, so feel justified in our criticisms.

COME ON LEEDS.

ellishicks
ellishicks (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:06
Quote:
Haxbytyke
Well we went, and it was an entertaining game. We didn't get the result we wanted, but we support our team whatever. And as Almo says, we pay our money, so feel justified in our criticisms.
I watched on tv (with the commentary turned down!) It was certainly entertaining. Not sure that failing to win matters too much - especially as we scored what looked a perfectly good try that was disallowed - he took the dummy runner rather than being taken out. But I do expect a more precise and passionate team to perform in the play-offs.

MESSAGES->author
farmertyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 07:54
Well our little group went and sadly could not get the splendid cow pie as the queue was a mile long and we arrived a little late .
On the issue of money it was 19 to stand which was more than last year we thought.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:02
Come on - I was never going as I'm not even in the country but when the parking is non existent and it's on telly why go? (Sm102)

See you all at Bedford. (Sm122)

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:20
Couldn't go as Young Opus was playing at 1pm, to be honest I spent most of my time venting at the inept commentary and the fact that if that game wasn't televised Fords try would have stood and both sides would have been spared a yellow,

When play offs go next season promotion could hinge on wether a game is televised and TMO used, 3 regular games a season isn't currently a fair representation for sides going for promotion and the sooner BT get hold of it and show a game a week the better

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:27
I'm probably not the only one to be frustrated with the hit and miss nature of the Carnegie season. Can't comment of yesterday's game as I didn't see it and the radio commentary was being broadcast from a mobile phone. However, we probably only have 4-5 lower level premiership players in our team and the rest are making up the numbers.

We appear one-dimensional reliant on the grunt of our pack to maul over from a 5m lineout occasionally we break the line with our poorer banks/forwards failing to support the runner and then we get back to the slow clear out which allows the opposition to realign their defence. We will get hammered if we were to be promoted, probably worse than Rotherham were.

As for ring fencing, why should Yorkshire Carnegie be even considered? What gives us a God given right to be in the Prem?

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

North needs success
20 March, 2017 08:36
Joe Ford's "try" was indeed a try. That was the worst officiating from a TMO in living memory. He should be ashamed. I would like to think even the most diehard Knights fan would agree.

However, that does not gloss over our deficiencies because the disallowed try would have given us a win we certainly did not deserve. We just don't look all that bothered, particularly some of the players who are on their way and were anonymous. We appear to lack motivation and leadership. Our attack is blunt because we play a one dimensional game that hardly allows our backs to get their hands on the ball. Our defence was woeful. The coaching in attack and defence is clearly not good enough. Thank goodness for the Donny fullback who clearly doesn't seem to be able to tackle and gave Elder two tries.

I assume Pete Lucock was taken off for an injury because, if not, that was another hopeless decision. He was one of the only ones offering anything to proceedings in the first half. I couldn't understand that but no doubt someone will enlighten me.

I have read the comments above about the right to offer an opinion but I am becoming disheartened now I'm afraid. Donny have many of the same personel that beat us year in year out. I counted at least half a team who looked familiar to me over recent seasons. We, however, have a continually changing bunch of players. I can only think of maybe Buzz and perhaps Jonah who have been ever presents. My own conclusion is that our ethos is all wrong. I appreciate that won't be accepted by many but it is just my opinion.

Can anybody honestly believe that if we went up we would be anything other than cannon fodder in the Prem.

The only thing that was worse than our performance yesterday was the commentary from Sky. Dewi Morris and the other guy whose name escapes me are absolutely hopeless.

bird lover
Re: Lets be realistic.
bird lover (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:12
Is Mr Redpath going into politics ? he should because he seems to be able to put a positive spin on everything even our performance yesterday I find that incredible.How on earth can he put things right if he cant see they are wrong.COLT!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:10
Quote:
bird lover
Is Mr Redpath going into politics ? he should because he seems to be able to put a positive spin on everything even our performance yesterday I find that incredible.How on earth can he put things right if he cant see they are wrong.COLT!!!!
....which is the crux of the issue. Management inability to put things right. Two seasons with little discernible improvement.

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

oopnorth
oopnorth (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:05
I agree entirely with NNS's post. I would add Elder had a good game on attack, and Burrows tried his best which is what he always does. The best team won and the quality of our defence on the day helped them no end.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:50
Good post NNS. I would add to that even though he is leaving, I thought Boyce put in a big shift.
Seccondly, even when a league match is televised, the TMO should not be used, it is unfair to the other clubs. Whether we deserved to win or not, is one thing, but I'll bet Ealing, Jersey and Pirates aren't too happy with the disallowed try. It could cost one of them a place in the play offs.
I haven't seen the game on television yet, but I'll be interested to see where the referee was positioned when the incident took place.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:49
Quote:
Haxbytyke
Good post NNS. I would add to that even though he is leaving, I thought Boyce put in a big shift.
Seccondly, even when a league match is televised, the TMO should not be used, it is unfair to the other clubs. Whether we deserved to win or not, is one thing, but I'll bet Ealing, Jersey and Pirates aren't too happy with the disallowed try. It could cost one of them a place in the play offs.
I haven't seen the game on television yet, but I'll be interested to see where the referee was positioned when the incident took place.

Save yourself and turn volume down, Ref and TMO called us "Leeds" Twice, and the Sanderson Morris Axis makes Kim Jong Un And Trump seem like well balanced individuals,

Still amazed at Sandersons comment in last couple of minutes "Carnegie are in a kickable position if they turn the ball over",

headingleytyke
24 March, 2017 22:05
Have just watched the Bristol v Gloucester game. By far not the two best teams in the division but the intensity is far in excess of the way we play. Listening to the players who are in for them all next season and especially Bristol we have no chance of going up. We are not as good as at least two clubs in the Championship at the moment, we are loosing a number of of our best players, which is understandable. I will remain a supporter, I have done since the 70's but I am realistic we will not be in the premier for a couple of years.
Just a thought. If the board are not prepared to keep putting the same money in will we become semi proffessionals

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net