rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 2 September, KO 14;00, London Scottish v Yorkshire Carnegie @ Athletic Ground

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

TykesRugby.co.uk
Unlucky thirteen
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 12:51
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 20:01 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Re: Unlucky thirteen
JDH (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:08
Change the title man! Positive energy from here on in from everyone......please

Powders dry, chance for someone to impress. Playoffs are 2 legs, so momentum balanced with potential injuries? Different team for semis.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:53
Having looked at the two teams, this match has a sort of B&I Cup feel to it.
Nevertheless it will be good to see some of our squad players and hope that someone or other can put in a performance to gain a starting berth in the semis.
Also big game for Warren Seals who up to now has made mistakes when in the limelight.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 17:59
Two schools of thought from the playoff teams. Interesting stuff.

MESSAGES->author
Stig of the Dump (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 09:27
Why?????

If YC are playing an understrength team a la B&I Cup are they also reducing the entrance charges? This is once again YC taking the pi55.

Was planning on attending today, but looking at the two teams think I'll save myself 34 and just go to the pub and spend it on something worthwhile!

Winning drives out consistency, but why would YC be bothered about that, and why should they be bothered in providing the entertainment that they expect the spectators to pay for, once again we are being dumped on from a great height!!!!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 11:41
I thought there might be a few players rested, not an almost entire team. To be honest, regardless of who plays, I doubt today's results either here or at Castle Park, will have any relevance come the play offs.
I think Donny will give it everything today, and hope they and us win. They'd rather play us than Irish in the semi, and it would be a lot nearer for us as well.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 11:51
Despite the 13 changes there are some excellent players on show and I will be down there to support my team.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 11:59
And so will I. I will also buy my ticket for the home semi final, might as well have the discount!!

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 12:44
Tricky north-west breeze blowing - going to be a real tester for Seal's game management and kicking. But also a great opportunity to impress.
Looking forward to seeing some new faces on the pitch.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 12:58
Still looks like a decent team to me. Always good to see Oli Goss turn out and we need to give squad players some time in the middle in case of injuries. Nice day for it but still chilly in the breeze.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 13:09
Looking forward to seeing staples play.

Carnegiette1
Carnegiette1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 20:38
Enjoyed today's game - entertaining stuff. We didn't look like a cobbled together team. Although it didn't matter a jot- I am pleased we kept the winning habit.

On to the playoffs

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 11:54
Some of the young talent playing yesterday looked very good.

Biggest surprise of the day was Haxby visiting The Dark Side for the second half.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 12:15
Quote:
Gelbel
Some of the young talent playing yesterday looked very good.
Biggest surprise of the day was Haxby visiting The Dark Side for the second half.

Not likely to go on the dark side again for a long long time. It was t-shirt weather on the sunny side, but after battling through the crowd to get there, it was bloody baltic in the cave.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:27
Coldest I'd been all season Haxby. Didn't get warm til close to 10pm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Yorkshire Carnegie Poll

How will we do this coming season

See results > Submit >>