rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sunday 22 October, KO 15:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish @ Ilkley RUFC

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Clubbing together for mini bus hire for Ealing
Gelbel (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 14:39
Hi

So the conversation in the Café Bar was about the practicalities of going to Ealing and getting home on a Friday night.

Virgin East Coast are saying there is likely to be industrial action that day/weekend. With coaches you're up all night.

So it looks like driving is the only option. Anyone up for chipping in for a self drive mini bus? Probably leave Leeds area at lunchtime. Private message me or Haxby if you are by Tuesday teatime please. Ta

MESSAGES->author
Re: Clubbing together for mini bus hire for Ealing
almostatyke (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 20:14
Count me in - but with one condition, no surprise: Planet Rock on the radio!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 10:56
Yeah - we can ask Darren for a shout out to us and play my fave guess the crowd number! He's bound to being a Rush fanatic.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:35
Just remember that whoever drives the minibus assuming its a 16 seater will need D1 on their licence ie: either passed the test or passed before 1997 and got grandfather rights. Also when hiring don't tell them that you're all chipping in towards the cost because that's hire & reward.

Also travelling down you'll hit bank holiday traffic on the M1/M25/M40 so an early start is advisable.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:13
Thanks for that Andy. Unfortunately the club are not providing travel, so we are looking at other ways of getting there for those of us who want to go. Marching On Together as it were!

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:05
Already down there for the Army Navy Game that weekend otherwise I'd be in!

See you guys there!

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 18:28
If anybody wants to go down to support the team in this important game, please get in touch by 6 p.m. tomorrow. Would be good to get a good following down there, the players deserve it.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 18:14
Anyone going should note that there is a £5 discount on tickets bought from the Ealing Website by Wednesday. Just bought my (over 60) ticket for a very reasonable £10 + £1-50 booking fee.

smiling smiley

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 20:52
Got my ticket as well. I do hope there will be a lot of Carnegie fans there to cheer them on.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 07:52
And for the not quite as old wise, they are £15 in advance. You can prebook parking too. The tykesmobile has its ticket.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 21:32
What do you think the latest set off time would be to get there?
Driven to Wembley in 3hrs 30 but that was Saturday morning. Thinking bank holiday Friday could be a mare.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 21:52
We are leaving at lunchtime, so we have plenty of time to get there. Like you say, Friday afternoon on the M1 can be a nightmare. I'd not risk it later than 2.30, then it might be a close call. Ealing a bit further than Wembley.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:08
Cheers. Hopefully I can get away in time to get down.

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 11:17
Two of us will be there.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 14:06
Thanks Gel for arranging and expertly driving the Tykemobile yesterday.

(Sm152)smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 08:49
Aw thanks - my pleasure. (Sm59)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 16:46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net