rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sunday 22 October, KO 15:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish @ Ilkley RUFC

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
New signings!
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 10:51
Marc Thomas, prop signed from Cardiff. Joe Buckle , hooker , George Watkins, wing, sign from Jersey (as rumoured)

(Sm152)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2017 10:58 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Re: New signings!
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 11:04
One of the "new" signings let slip in interview that he had been training at the club for 4 weeks.

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 11:21
So we have a @#$%& load of hookers, however didn't want to keep the Club's 'talisman'??

I despair!

On a separate note, loving the new away shirt!

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:25
Hopefully they turn out to be decent signings. No room for flops with this small squad.

It was never going to be an easy choice regarding Phil but I suspect it was a cost cutting exercise.

MESSAGES->author
Zandra YaPoI (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 14:16
Quote:
JDH
It was never going to be an easy choice regarding Phil but I suspect it was a cost cutting exercise.

Hmm, you'd like to think, wouldn't you! lol

(Sm161)

Zandra YaPoI
YaPoI - Yorkshire and Proud of It

'proficiscor in una'

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 16:15
On the other hand he's had a good run thats benefited him and the club. Time to move on after 10 years?

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 16:49
Just like Carnegie

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 17:18
When interviewing new players do you think we could ask them more than "are you excited to be here" . Answers on a postcard to you know who .

sent off carried off never backed off

North needs success
25 July, 2017 07:54
Do you think we got a BOGOF deal from Jersey ! [:wor kid:][:wor kid:]

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 08:27
Would've helped if they knew who they signed - George Watkins' history was wrong. Reckoned he played for London Welsh and omitted Cardiff Blues. The blurb about him now at the bottom of his video is as bland as bland.(Sm164)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 08:48
On the offy Joe Buckle is down as a backrow player. Alex Davies is down as a "universal back" and Callum Irvine is still missing.

Is this deliberate misinformation by Phil Daly or is it that he is too busy with the Rhinos to actually check his work before publishing it.

(Sm159)

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

airdog
airdog (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:36
George Watkins is a Bristol boy who came through our ( Bris ) academy and was in the first team squad for a number of years .
He is a nice lad and a good championship player but I think at his age he has reached his peak/level so dont expect him to be a match winner for you .
The best of luck for next season , looking forward to coming to Headingly again despite us having spectacularly been unstuck there more than once in the past .

Plumgarth40
Plumgarth40 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:25
I have no idea who these new players are or how good they are. Are we just filling up the squad list with bodies or are we recruiting players to brings something else to the team. I suspect we are simply bringing in players who are available at a contract price we can afford without too much thought about can these players compete with the squad Bristol are likely to field.

Each year we loose players and nobody wants to stand in the way of a good player with an offer from a premiership team so we dont seem to be in a situation where we can improve the team because we are always simply trying to recruit players of a similar calibre to those that leave to stand still.

The other issue is the coaching. I am sure Jimmy Lowes will put his stamp on that once again but will there be any changes (apologies if I have missed any announcements on this) because to be honest I felt that we went backwards last year in our style of play and general approach to the game.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:44
Quote:
Plumgarth40
I have no idea who these new players are or how good they are. Are we just filling up the squad list with bodies or are we recruiting players to brings something else to the team. I suspect we are simply bringing in players who are available at a contract price we can afford without too much thought about can these players compete with the squad Bristol are likely to field.

The 3 new players announced this week have all recently played for Jersey. Our forwards coach, up until 12 months ago, was the Jersey forwards coach. Coincidence? Hmmmm!

(Sm124)

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Dalesboy101
DALES till I DIE (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 21:07
I believe phil should have been kept this year! But it will be good to see if the new boy Joe buckle impresses where it really matters Infront of the carnegie crowd!
Mike Mathew became alive towards the back end of the season so will be good to see where he picks up again in this new season. Didn't get to see much of Ross graham last season due to injury I believe but when he did play he seems fairly strong! And I believe young Jordon poole ( who I know from playing at the best club in the dales WHARFEDALE) has stepped up to the first team this year and will be good to see how he gets on and establishes himself in the champ. He performed very well in his 2 years with the Dale so excited to see him potentionally push through, be tough though with 3 other hookers.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 23:02
Where's the rest of the new signings/the odd season loan then?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net