rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 23 December, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham @ Emerald stadium

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Today's game versus Pirates
almostatyke (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:04
An immaculate first 10 minutes gave us a 14-0 lead, we then started to make more and more errors until Pirates got to be 26-21 up but a final try and injury-time conversion salvaged the match 28-26.
Good performances by Stedman (who went off injured), Bainbridge (who got MOTM) and Davies led the team and kicked well. Chris Elder went off injured with what looked like a pulled hamstring.
Pirates unlucky to only get a losing bonus point out of the match, but we got 5 fortunate points.

Scuffer
Re: Today's game versus Pirates
Scuffer (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:12
The character of the players got us through that today. After the good start I thought we were awful and it was hard to watch at times in the second half. So many basic mistakes handing the initiative back to the opposition but kept on going and trying their best until the bitter end paid dividends. I hope we can improve the performances or at least hold the positive momentum when we get ahead in games rather than inviting the opposition into us.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:27
We do make bloody hard work of things. I think homer going off didn't help.
But errors all over the shop. Missed line outs, crap passes one for a certain try. The@#$%&1 up rugby with no go forward. Why don't they use the Lucock inside ball as a dummy i dont know cos it is the most telegraphed move i have ever seen and it don't work...!

Steadman and baino were Street ahead of the others. Real aggressive play from both. Davies good too

How we lose control of games and fail in simple skills must do lowes head in.

5 pts got out of jail but we were poor.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:02
Quote:
JDH

How we lose control of games and fail in simple skills must do lowes head in.

My thoughts exactly, during the second half. Expect a hairdrier and some harsh words at the next training session!

EDIT: Post Match thoughts - Sanderson played better than I have ever seen him do before and deserves an honourable mention, also Mike Myerscough did well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 18:11 by almostatyke.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:25
I agree it felt a bit lucky for us to come out of that with 5 points when the Pirates only got 1. Lots of mistakes but you have to give credit to the team spirit - don't forget the number of players playing out of position too.

Hope Homer, Elder, Stedman only minor knocks.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:35
Very lucky, I would say. So many errors on both sides but very disappointing that we let them back in having got a half-decent lead. Hope our injury list isn't already killing us.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

leeds_shark
leeds_shark (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 08:32
A couple of thoughts on the game yesterday...

The "could improve"
- lineouts, such a key area when in attacking positions and we kept missing them
- Dropsy - too many balls dropped
- Discipline - too many penalties given away, especially around the scrum time

The Good
- The 1st 10 mins, actually came out looking ready for it
- Team Spirit, lots of good defending and to pull the W out of the bag

All in all, I was more positive than after the Donny game, hopefully we can build on it for the rest of the season. Bedford in a few weeks could be a real challenge, I watched them against Bristol and they looked physical and sharp - we need to improve a lot for then!

Living in Leeds - supporting both Sharks and Carnegie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 08:32 by leeds_shark.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net