rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 16 December, KO 14:30 Dragons Prem Select v Yorkshire Carnegie @ Ystrad Mynach

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
New Becketts link announced.
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 13:31
As expected the link between the club and Becketts Uni has been extended for 3 years according to the Offy

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: New Becketts link announced.
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:40
Excellent news - interesting to know how much it is worth, though.

At the meet the board presentation it was inferred that the money is significantly less than the previous 1 million p.a. agreement, and that the club was also going to incur costs in meeting their half of the bargain.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 15:33
Like the 'on the road' initiative, it will do nothing to bring extra fans, or money into the club. If anybody thinks we will be other than a mid table Championship side in the future, I'll have a pint of whatever you are on.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:05
Quote:
almostatyke
Excellent news - interesting to know how much it is worth

Is it worth anything at all?

Absolutely no mention of any money

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:39
I think you need to lay off what Headingley drinks hax..

There must be some benefits to the club or why would they sign.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 21:43
Quote:
JDH

There must be some benefits to the club or why would they sign.

You are probably correct, but I can't see it. It would help if a few of the 28,000 students turned up every now and again.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 03:05
It mentions access to the uni for club staff and vice versa. But nothing about any sort of financial incentives for Carnegie. Which just makes me wonder if there are any.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:06
Hi Leeming, looking at the time of your post, not sure you have insomnia or, much more likely, you are flying your Typhoon in another time zone to us Carnegie regulars.
Yes Becketts are paying us as name-rights sponsors, but for me the elephant in the room is why "Carnegie"? The stand we sit/stand in is also called Carnegie and the name is embedded in the seats. In reality the Carnegie sporting college is a minor thing in Becketts' repertoire but perhaps a "unique" selling point?

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:15
Almo, it hasn't been a selling point, unique or otherwise, since we took it on!

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:18
I mean for them!

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 02:44
Cheers Almo. You guessed correctly that it's the time zone thing! Although, if I was a Typhoon pilot I could probably sponsor Carnegie myself! I've never had anything to do with the uni's so don't get the Carnegie Beckett thing. So, is it Beckett that pay us to be called Carnegie then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 03:04 by leemingtyke.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:26

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:48
Might be a good extra in a players contract the option of getting a free degree whilst playing at YC.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:27
Got it.

In that case then we must be benefitting financially. You wouldn't give the naming rights away for nowt.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:47
I'm sure we are, but I would be surprised if it's even a tenth of what we were getting from them before.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 10:39
Has the name Beckett or Carnegie appeared on the front of the home shirts yet, or am I to assume, that the Club, still, can not attract a main sponsor to put their stamp to the Yorkshire Carnegie brand!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 19:12
I thought the stadium was going to be known as Emerald Headingley stadium from now on, or is that only the cricket ground?

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 21:02
Both sides of the stadium, from November if memory serves, but not us!

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 23:01
I want my Tykes back.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 19:25
Tykes was a great brand. Can't be having that now can we! Instead we have the non entity that is Carnegie and Yorkshire that the whole world and it's dogs hates.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net