rugbyunion
Latest News:

F Saturday 25 November, KO 15:00, Jersey Reds v Yorkshire Carnegie @ St Peter's

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Mayhew off on loan
almostatyke (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:58
Following his stella MOM performance on Subnday, sadly Mike Mayhew is now off to Harlequins on loan:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Needs to balance the Carnegie books perhaps?

headingleytyke
Re: Mayhew off on loan
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:04
We are going backwards

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:10
Up the creek ...........

sent off carried off never backed off

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:15
We have 4 hookers. Why not loan out the youngest/least experienced? I expect his salary was a factor. He is good enough for the prem. We might not get him back.

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
PorthosTyke (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 17:32
Good move. It'll improve the line out no end.

Can only assume Quins haven't seen this particular facet of his game.

PT

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 18:19

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 18:33
Now on the Offie, the club has added this to Harlequins press release:

Yorkshire Carnegie Head of Rugby Operations Chris Gibson commented, “With Joe Buckle back available and youngster Harry Newborn having impressed in the British & Irish Cup, we have opted to allow Mike to join Quins with an opportunity for him to show his worth in the Premiership. We are always looking to strengthen the playing group when opportunities arise and we are working on a number of possibilities once the Premiership clubs have more flexibility with their squads after the A League and Autumn Internationals have been completed.”

Sort of implies that the wages saved by not having to pay Mike for three months will be re-invested in loan players later in the season. Not to everybody's taste I know, but we have managed to sign some good players after they initially came on loan.

At first I was a bit pi$$ed off at the news of Mike's loan, but when you think that 11 teams in the Championship are only playing to avoid relegation, then it sort of makes sense. It is the rfu and Premiership that are to blame for the 11 team relegation struggle so I am now thinking I/we should be pi$$ed off with them, not the club.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 19:38
We do seem to have lots of Hookers including a couple of good young uns

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 20:22
Surprised he's not got the same bad press that another hooker and skipper got when he went out on loan to a Prem side. IIRC one or two people who still post on here were most vociferous....

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:03
We have options but he adds a lot to our team in the big games. I would have started him v ealing and bristol.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:45
Quote:
Mark_C
Surprised he's not got the same bad press that another hooker and skipper got when he went out on loan to a Prem side. IIRC one or two people who still post on here were most vociferous....

..... yeah, you do recall correctly Mark, me being one of them.

Situation then was very different though, both at the club and with my capacity for giving a £*<€

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:46
No worries Leeming, you weren't the worst! I think that, certainly for the foreseeable future, Leedshire have found their place in RU's hierarchy. Not quite Premiership, but always challenging, and always giving the stars of tomorrow a helping hand along the way. Think northern Bedford....

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:19
What happened to Ross Graham? Is he still at Carnegie.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:45
yeah but he has played very little.

Wasn't Andy T captain at the time of him leaving for Sale?

See a the bottom of the article CG says we maybe looking at some coming in once prem squads are settled. We may have got over the worst by then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net