rugbyunion
Latest News:

F Saturday 25 November, KO 15:00, Jersey Reds v Yorkshire Carnegie @ St Peter's

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

TykesRugby.co.uk
A Trail down the M1
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 08:10
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 08:12 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Re: A Trail down the M1
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:47
The team is:

15. Stevie McColl
14. George Watkins
13. Andy Forsyth
12. Tom Casson
11. Chris Elder
10. Pete Lucock
9. Will Homer
1. Marc Thomas
2. Joe Buckle
3. Elliot Millar-Mills
4. Jack Whetton
5. Mike Myerscough
6. Richard Beck
7. Richard Mayhew (c)
8. Ollie Stedman

16. Harry Newborn
17. Charlie Beech
18. James Thraves
19. Ben West
20. Josh Bainbridge
21. Louis Brown
22. Ollie Fox

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:12
I note that Max (still available for Carnegie) Green is currently playing (really well) for Bath in the Anglo-Welsh Cup. Jonah Holmes has scored a try for Leicester and we may also recall Claire Daniels who is running the line.

Selby Kev
Selby Kev (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 14:44
Wishing the lads luck...down at my old patch....50 yrs ago!

Just need to use our heads...and heads...and heads....and Stevie's boot. Everything is nothing without territory?

It would be a great 'lead in' to Bristol game if we can take 5 and go 3rd!!

Bringing rugby back to Yorkshire......Come on ye Tykes!!!!!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 17:59
Listening to Jimmy's post match he is pretty upset. Lots of mistakes at key times due to poor execution of simple skills.
Lucock injured now. Casson played 10 second half. Mayhew off with his foot again.
Don't look good for Friday.

There's not spending money and being sensible and then there where we are now. Club need to draft some players in on short Loans .

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:10
We have players who have not not been seen this season. There is a rather large prop who's wages we are paying and still not appeared. Has he been loaned out.
I understand the consolidation this season but not at the situation of looking second rate.

Scuffer
Scuffer (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:21
I fear for us against Bristol if, as Jimmy says, we have to draft in academy players and rely on being energetic! It all sounds a bit desperate.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:25
I doubt cusack could play 10... think he's still injured anyway.
I understand the low funding but I find it hard to stomach. Especially when there guys playing out if position in key areas. Your chances are halved before you kick off.

Could young Harry Davey step up v bris? Anyone seen him much on loan?

Forsyth guilty again of poor handling. At ilkley and v Bedford he was the same poor choices and execution. I don't rate him.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:28
With all these injuries it's certainly turned that way.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 19:26
We were essentially playing "Bristol Lite" today on their own (horrible artificial) pitch. The aforementioned pitch is unforgiving to injuries, which has also taken its toll.

Next week we are at home and hopefully Jimmy can motivate a make-do-and-mend squad to perform to the required standard.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 21:15
The Buddha apparently has a neck injury and was seen in the player's box in the back of the Carnegie stand at the Bedford game. Don't understand the reason for signinghim in the first place, hasn't pulled his weight since arriving back.
As for Carnegie, they're in wind down to becoming a part-time side with little or no ambition to progress due to lack of funding. Either that or complete meltdown with the Club disbanding. Sad really as I have followed them for 20+ years.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 00:12
Still could be worse. Look at poor Rotherham.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 22:41
Jesus the highlights show the defence was a poor show.
Who's look forward to Friday?!.......

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 07:58
Probably not the burger van. Must be slim pickings these days.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:12
Get yourself in the cafe bar for some meal pie. Very tasty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net