rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 18 August, KO 15:00, Darlington Mowden Park v Yorkshire Carnegie, Northern Echo Arena

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Lee Imiolek
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:12
Nothing anywhere else, but just picked up a twitter message from a Sale Sharks fan with good wishes for Lee on his enforced retirement on medical grounds. Anyone else know anything?

Bobba
Re: Lee Imiolek
Bobba (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:17
Happy to be a mushroom.
All the best Lee. Happy retirement and thanks.

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 11:28
The squad gets even smallef

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 20:26
Not seen anything. Don't think he played last year and only one sub appearance this?
Don't think we saw the best of him really.

All the best if true.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 23:55
Lee confirmed tonight that this is indeed the case due to back injury concerns!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 08:27
Not really made the squad smaller as he hasn't played for 2 years.
Wish him all the best

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 11:21
All the Best, Lee.

jezaroo
jezaroo (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:40
Wouldn't say I'd miss him or even notice that he'd gone, to be honest didn't rate him. Agree on paper our squad is smaller; probably explains why we are slipping further & further down the table

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:36
He wasn't a brilliant scrummager.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:15
Half fit or half his back missing was probably a better bet than another prop in our ranks

Bradwall Boy
Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 14:10
Typically generous comments from you Yorkies.

The guy's got a young family and has had to give up his career because of injury largely in the cause of your club.

Good to know he's been er...appreciated.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 15:43
Well said Bradwall Boy

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 20:18
Quote:
Bradwall Boy
Typically generous comments from you Yorkies.
The guy's got a young family and has had to give up his career because of injury largely in the cause of your club.

Good to know he's been er...appreciated.

Hi BB, I can see where you are coming from, but IMHO its an over-reaction. If you actually look at the posters above they nearly all say good luck to Lee, though they then further post something else.
Overall there is a great under-reaction because we have not seen him, other than as a water carrier, for so long.
I remember him scoring by running in under the posts at Headingley, an unlikely event given his physical make-up, but I am sure it happened!

I repeat: Good Luck Lee!

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 07:23
All the best Lee.

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 09:23
A great shame. I;ll remember Lee not only for his rugby, but also for a bus journey we shared with him and Plug from St Aubens to St Helier when we were in Jersey a few years ago.They had missed the team bus, and climbed on the service bus to rejoin their mates. All the best Lee. Good luck in the future.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 10:52
Quote:
Haxbytyke
A great shame. I;ll remember Lee not only for his rugby, but also for a bus journey we shared with him and Plug from St Aubens to St Helier when we were in Jersey a few years ago.They had missed the team bus, and climbed on the service bus to rejoin their mates. All the best Lee. Good luck in the future.

I bet Asbo does not remember that busride! (Sm64)

Tower
Tower (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 18:56
I will miss you, Lee good luck for the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net