rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 23 December, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham @ Emerald stadium

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Wallop!
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:17
Always nice to give the SY neighbours a good spanking! 47-11 - loved it!

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Wallop!
almostatyke (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:20
Good performance including preventing Roth from scoring in the second half. Homer MOM for me, especially as he has now showed his place kicking talent.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:48
Homer was my MoM.

Agree it's always nice to beat Roth but don't like seeing them as such a shadow of their former selves.

Would much rather see them strong and challenging but relegation is a formality it seems.

The last 2 home games have shown just what a gulf there is between top of the league and bottom. We are somewhere in the middle- the table doesn't lie.....

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 19:09
Homer certainly caught the eye but Beck wreaked havoc at the breakdown and was imperious in the line out.
Roth scored the best try of the first half and Chris Elder scored the try of the match.

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 12:31 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 19:13
But there is still a gulf between us and the top teams in the division!

We were reliant on the rolling maul which brought all but one of the tries and we seemed all at sea on occasions against the weakest team in the division with very little in the way of ideas to break down the Titans defence!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 23:35
Agreed. Points but little invention ball in hand. Still Lucock ain't a 10 and takes the ball stood still and everyone else is stood still too.
Hopefully Davies return along will Fred may help sort this cos it was pretty pedestrian with the exception of homers game and elders set move try.
Roth are a shadow unfortunately.
Sanderson is a superb pundit on radio leeds. Some excellent views imo.

leeds_shark
leeds_shark (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 07:07
Yup agree Homer was my man the match as well.

With regards to the rolling maul if itís working then donít fix it. I think with injuries we have to play to our available strengths and to further add to the positives line out was working well!

Any idea of the penalty count? We seemed to give away far more than Roth - need to improve discipline!

Agree donít like to see Roth down there, always enjoy a trip to Clifton lane!

Living in Leeds - supporting both Sharks and Carnegie

Scuffer
Scuffer (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:30
I heard the forwards coach in the post match interview ask why would you change a winning formula it is proving to be a success referring to our decision to persist with the driving mauls. That's fine but if you've got the game won against a team that, let's face it was never going to make a big comeback, then why not try out a few moves in the backs and give us long suffering supporters something different to entertain us? It's not that I don't like the mauls but I would have liked to have seen bit more variety on the day.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 18:27
The 1st try in the 2nd half was a lovely training ground move.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 18:55
Agreed, first time I can remember a successful Carnegie run around.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 21:58
Just like to echo what JDH said about Dan Sanderson's contribution to the commentary. As I said on the commentary thread, he was great on his previous appearance and even better this week. His insight, reading of the game and behind the scenes knowledge added hugely to the match day experience. He's a natural broadcaster. Post rugby career opportunity?

I usually attend on my own and the commentary makes it like going with a few witty and well-informed mates. Even if one of the kids tags along, I still have the commentary in one ear. Looking around, it seems that I'm the only one with earphones in. Does anyone else do this?

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:30
No but I should. Need some earphones off santa.

Might make a good coach in time too. I know he is looking after roundhegians at the moment.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:18
I'm sure he'd make a great coach. Sounds a clever guy with obvious communication skills. Puts a lot of work into analysis of oppo lineout.

You should definitely try the commentary in one ear experience JDH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net