rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 15 December, KO 14:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Coventry Rugby, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Win/win!
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:25
Some things just go together:
Ant & Dec
Bacon & Eggs
B&I match at Huddersfield YMCA & Bad Weather

Given the exposed position of this venue, and the current near-zero temperatures, it must be touch-and-go whether the match tomorrow will be played.On previous occasions there has been a last-minute switch to Headingley.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 14:46 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
Re: Hilltop Weather
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:32
If it does go ahead it will be blooming cold up there.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 10:01
Slim chance of any rugby being played this weekend.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:33
I suspect that, given the construction works at Headers, if the ground at top of the hill, probably need oxygen masks, Hudders YMCA is not playable that the match might be re-scheduled for the Kirkstall training ground all-weather pitch.
However, if it is switched at the last minute to Emerald Headingley, please note that the "guess the attendance" competition will not be valid for this match.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 08:46
From the club twitter account:

Great work by @ryangolding2010 and his team on the pitch at @HuddsYMCARUFC today’s game v @dragonsrugby definitely goes ahead kick off 1.30pm

wildwillie
Re: Today's game is on!
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 11:29
Thank you Ryan & team!

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 13:25
10-10 after 20 mins (Sm134)

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 13:36
17-10 after 30 min.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 13:52
17-10 to Carnegie at halftime. Tries for Elder, Newborn and Robinson. Davey has one conversion.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 14:20
29-15 mid way thru2nd 1/2

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 14:24
36-15 after an hour

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 14:35
Elder hat trick, 43-15

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 14:40
43-22 late on

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 15:14
Looks like win/win/win for you, WW, judging by the Prediction League.

(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Win/win!
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 15:45
Way too many points. A win and four tries is plenty.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 16:10
I said win win because we blooded lots of youngsters as well as the victory. Our groundstaff were the real heroes today getting the pitch fit to play on.

(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 18:35
Overall, the club have really well manage this event: the pitch preparation, blooding youngsters and playing at a ground appropriate to the likely crowd. If the match has generated any local interest or cash for the YMCA team then that is a bonus.

I have (rightly IMHO) criticised the B&I Cup in the past, but this really is using it in the right way.

smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 16:12
I've been colder up there as the wind was not too bad yesterday. TBH we sat in the stand as it snowed off and on and some of us didn't want hat hair for a big night out.

Great to see so many of the main squad + Jonah and Max Green supporting the youngsters. Good afternoon out watching an entertaining match with plenty of positives across the park for players young and not so young.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net