rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 28 April, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish @ Emerald Headingley

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

TykesRugby.co.uk
Donny preview
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 09:41
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2018 07:32 by Wildwillie .

wildwillie
Re: Donny preview
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:16
Neeg's team:

15. Chris Elder
14. George Watkins
13. Andy Forsyth
12. Tom Casson
11. Stevie McColl
10. Alex Davies
9. Will Homer
1. Marc Thomas
2. Joe Buckle
3. Charlie Beech
4. Jack Whetton
5. Mike Myerscough
6. Ben West
7. Richard Mayhew (c)
8. Richard Beck

16. Harry Newborn
17. Charlie Capps
18. James Thraves
19. Ollie Stedman
20. Josh Bainbridge
21. Max Green
22. Fred Burdon

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:17
Great to see Davies back. I think the centres are lucky to keep there place but hopefully it will be an improved offensive performance.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:28
On paperthat looks a good side but Casson & Forsyth have failed to cut the mustard on so many occasions now that I am not at all confident.Beck at 8 again showing his versatility .

I cannot see why this team should lose on Friday.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:53
Let's see if the centres improve not Davies is back.

I reckon the crowd numbers will be hit with this weather.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 19:21
I think you have made a very valid point JDH - we are criticising the centres but perhaps Pistol Pete, for all his excellent effort and physicality in the 10 role, has not understandably been able to create many opportunities for Casson and Forsyth to exploit.
With Davies back tonight, I hope they have a stormer!

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:29
A win! Hurrah.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 23:02
Davies certainly got the line moving and when Green came on for Homer the pace improved dramatically. Homer is good but got himself isolated on one of his spurts and Donny turned the ball over and scored an excellent try in the corner.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:30
The Red Card:

[www.youtube.com]

Seemed pretty clear cut to me.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:44
Definite Red card by the letter of the law but the TMO made the ref make the decision despite tellung rhe TMO that he couldn't see the replays. What a Wuss glad he sits in a van and not in the middle.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

oopnorth
oopnorth (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:06
I thought it was a great game to watch and a good advert for the Championship. Shame playoffs have been deemed good enough for the Premiership top club but not for the Championship.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:51

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 14:40
They mean three weeks from the 29th surely ?

sent off carried off never backed off

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:04
Not much of a sanction if is he is free to play from the day of the offence - obviously wrong, but worryingly, this is the rfu official website!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net