rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 20 January, KO 14:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Jersey Reds @ Scarborough RFC

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

Grybz
Sky let down
Grybz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:35
So having sat down to watch the match on sky, they have now abandoned it totally. But all is not lost, they are going to show it in its entirety. AT THREE IN THE MORNING!

Am I alone in thinking if this had been a football match, or even one of the European rugby matches they didn’t lose to BT Sport this would not have happened? Still, they have probably sent their top engineers and outside broadcast team to show some fat blokes throwing darts instead.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Sky let down
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:51
The real shame is that they have caused this match to be played at 7.45 p.m. on a snowy winter's night meaning that many home and away supporters will be unable to attend. Bet the players are a bit cold also.
So now the supporters unable to attend have gone to the pub to watch in vain.
Still there is still the club twitter feed!

Club twitter feed link below, note that seems to have technical issues also:

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 20:56 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:54
I have just been trying to find a dodgy live stream with no joy.

Donny down to 14 men after a red card. But they score straight after the restart to make it 22-13!

We need to get it going big time!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:14
Ollie Stedman now on - he has a bit of a grudge against Knights, I think.

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:21
30-25 with twelve minutes left....

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:24
No worries then, we were 10 points behind at this stage against Notts, playing against 14....

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:30
30 32 after 82mins.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:35
Final score the same - told you, no worries!

Dr Jabber2
Dr Jabber2 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:44
If I was in charge of media scrutiny for UK Plc. I would banish Sky to a remote island possibly South Georgia in the South Atlantic.

I despise the organisation with a passion.

Dr J

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:44
Another close win. Would have been nice to watch but would rather they won a game I couldn’t see than lose a game I could! Still not going to watch it at 3:30 am, but will see if I can record it.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:51
I think Dr J and Grybz posting has been a good omen!

hot smiley

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:57
Indeed it has.

Credit to donny mind. Played 40 plus with 14 men. Any win for us at Castle park is a good one.

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:02
Our run of wins now has not been pretty at times but we have found a WINNING formula!!

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:05
I shall have to try it next away match then!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:12
Quote:
Grybz
Another close win. Would have been nice to watch but would rather they won a game I couldn’t see than lose a game I could! Still not going to watch it at 3:30 am, but will see if I can record it.

Think it's on at 11.00 in the morning as well Grybz. How the hell they expect anybody to watch at 3 am is bloody ridiculous. The Test Match is on then!

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

RedcarTyke
RedcarTyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:15
Pulled it out of the bag in the end (again) a wins a win and specially at castle park, would have been good to see but for sky

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:28
A good win at a tough place to go. I am happy with that!

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 22:59
Twas a good game and Donny never gave up despite our superiority in numbers. The red card was for a No Arm Head to Head tackle on Homer as he went to lift the ball from a ruck. Decision made by the TMO.
Backline created tries once Fred came on

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 08:29
Stedman was on a mission and Bambi had Duracell batteries for Christmas!!!

We still had to suffer the Sky commentators rabbiting on - we could hear them as we were stood in front the TV tower.

Totally agree the outage wouldn't had happened if it was fannyball.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 08:35
It's repeated again at 10:40 on SS (in)Action. Not the same as live though.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 08:39
For those without the "benefit" of a Sky, or BT, subscription, remember there is the first-ever terrestrial live Premiership match on Channel 5 today, KO 4.00 p.m. It's Northampton versus Harlequins at Twickenham, punditry starts at 3.30 p.m.

David Flatman awaits........

(Sm118)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 09:31
I thought our highlights were OK.

(SM134)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 12:26
After a lot of confusion about what was going on, I resigned myself to setting an alarm for 3.30. Even then they delayed t till 3.45! I'd forked out for a Sky Sports Day Pass specially and was damned if I was going to miss it 'live'. I decided that I'd save £12 plus petrol from York to do it this way and stay a bit warmer.

Pack did really well, especially in the scrum, and we created a few things behind at times. As said above, any win at Castle Park is a good effort. Bainbridge looks quicker than any of our centres!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:36
Whether you saw the match in front of your eyes, on Sky at 3.45 a.m. or whatever, the result is that we are up to third in the table. I hoped at the start of the season we could end in a "virtual play-off place" i.e. in the top 4 and I think we have a good chance of achieving this.
However, I refuse to get too carried away as these slender victories could turn to slender defeats quite easily unless we really get our whole act together. But wouldn't it be good if the forwards and backs could both play well at the same time?

(Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:55
By Jimmy's post match it was a similar performance to the last home game.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:16
The Sky highlights are here:

[www.skysports.com]

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:42
Like on the night, that dont work either!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:25
Hi JDH, just checked it out, there are two adverts and then it worked for me. Perhaps you have an ad-blocker? Though they eliminate those pesky ads, many sites now cut you out unless you disable the ad-block. Sadly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net