rugbyunion
Latest News:

We await the 2018/9 season. Happy summer!

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Marcus Smith....
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:34
....seems to have displayed Lozzer as the pretender to the George Ford/Farrell England number 10 crown. Lozzer is having to play at 12 to get a game and, meanwhile, Smith at 18 years old is playing like a hero in front of Eddie Jones for Harlequins against Northampton. Great performance by such a young player, though Northampton were so poor that perhaps it was not difficult to look good.
But Smith was instrumental in several Quins tries, nailed nearly all his kicks from the tee, and looks the business.
Anyone else noticed this?

(Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Marcus Smith....
Mark_C (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:49
He hasn't played against a hard openside yet...but he is pretty composed

Miserati - and Proud to be!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:58
He looks quality. Scored a couple of great tries the other week. He has a great change of pace and footwork.

MESSAGES->author
farmertyke (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 16:45
Looked incredible for a eighteen year old.
A cameo appearance for Lewis Boyce, sporting Lee Imoliek white spats. Gave away a penalty which I seem to remember was a problem with us . But it does not seem to have done him any harm.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:35
Think Swainston was on the bench for quins too.

I still think we should give more game time to some of the better younger guys rather than playing others out of position.

John R
John R (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 18:42
I have looked at Marcus Smith a few times.......................

I suggest that when he grows up to be able to play rugby, he could become rather good.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:21
I think this lad is "rather good" now. He has a thinking brain that allows him to make instant decisions that can unlock tight defences. They say, that if you are "good enough then you are old enough". What worries me that this young lad is being pushed to hard. He needs to be nurtured and molly coddled to some degree. In a couple of years I have no doubt that he will be a serious contender for the England no 10 shirt. Give him time to mature!

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 11:51
Completely agree with Bobba here.

George Ford & Alex Lozowski are 24, Owen Farrell 26.

If this lad isn't quite ready yet, whats the rush!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 21:27
I think Mr Kingston knows this and won't burn him out

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 20:05
Seems like Harlequins have finally recognised his potential:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net