rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 18 August, KO 15:00, Darlington Mowden Park v Yorkshire Carnegie, The Darlington Arena

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Stedman to trailfinders
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:56
gone with immediate effect,..... Good luck to him hard to follow in Ryan's boots but hopefully gives another young un a chance to step up during last dregs of season,

Guess without play offs this will happen all the more

Or Jimmy has had enough of his little rants when benched

MESSAGES->author
Re: Stedman to trailfinders
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 14:10
Sign o' the times!

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 15:14
Nothing to play for so keep the wage bill down. Steadman Mayhew and Cusack must be some of the highest paid

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 15:17
What's happened to Brandon Staples. A no8 for the future they said at start of season

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 16:07
Is he injured? He looked good in the time he played.

Good luck to stedman he did a decent job.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 17:36
Quote:
yorkie ba
Nothing to play for so keep the wage bill down. Steadman Mayhew and Cusack must be some of the highest paid

I believe Stedman was on a pretty good deal, so this move is obviously aimed at keeping down the wage bill and end of year losses, which are funded by the Directors.

But Good Luck to Ollie, I think he has always done his best and shown passion when he played though I know that this has been interpreted by some as being argumentative. Last season he struggled to fit in with Burrows, possibly because they are similar players, but this season he has been our first-choice number 8, albeit not as dominant a ball carrier as Burrows was.
I presume Ealing are looking for Ollie to take over from the good-but-aging Mark Bright.
Will Stedman play against us later in the season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 18:34 by almostatyke.

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:36
It's the downhillslope

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 21:29
Quote:
yorkie ba
What's happened to Brandon Staples. A no8 for the future they said at start of season
A very good question. Nothing from the club whatsoever. Gone from the senior and academy players list and seems to be in hiding somewhere in South Africa. Bizzare.

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 07:09
Anyone else notice that Andy Saull played for Wasps this weekend

North needs success
06 February, 2018 07:43
Think I could play for Wasps they've got that many injuries!!!!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:17
I heard the name saull and wondered if there were two.

John R
John R (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:08
I never cared for Steadman, he always seemed to be a disruptive influence on the pitch, continually moaning at the other players.

if he could have certailed his mouth and played to his potential, I might have found a more favourable opinion, but he's gone so good luck to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net