rugbyunion
Latest News:
Friday 19 October, KO 20:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v London Scottish, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Pirates game postponed
Mark_C (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:08
From CP site:-- Following a pitch inspection carried out by an independent official at the Mennaye Field today, it has been decided to postpone Sunday’s scheduled Cornish Pirates versus Yorkshire Carnegie match in the Greene King IPA Championship.

The ground has experienced very poor weather this winter, and with a forecast for further rain it was deemed likely that the pitch would once again be unplayable.

Supporters who purchased tickets in advance for this match should keep them safe for use when the rescheduled Round 15 fixture takes place, the date to be set by the RFU’s organising committee. Confirmation is expected quite soon, when a further announcement will be made through the usual channels.

Tickets for the new date will be available at the gates on the day, whilst in the meantime they can also be purchased either through the ticket office, telephone 01736-331961, or on-line. The ticket office is open Monday to Friday, from 9am until 12 noon.

For further information please visit www.cornish-pirates.com/tickets

Miserati - and Proud to be!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Pirates game postponed
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:48
Looks sensible to make an early decision given the travel distance for the Carnegie players and supporters.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 14:51
No doubt about that, but after the problems with their cup game and no sign of the weather improving, shouldn't they be looking at alternative venues?

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:47
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
No doubt about that, but after the problems with their cup game and no sign of the weather improving, shouldn't they be looking at alternative venues?

It's called S4C and they have been trying to make it happen for years!

MESSAGES->author
*baldric* (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:52
Has anyone else come down? Three of us here for the weekend...

Still a Tyke - whatever the name!

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:58
I'd recommend you seek out "The Crown" if you get a chance, brewery pub for the Cornish Crown brewery. Great pub, great beer!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:29
Quote:
almostatyke
Looks sensible to make an early decision given the travel distance for the Carnegie players and supporters.

Not when your flight, car and accommodation is all booked. No point cancelling as booked for other stuff on nonplaying weekends and insurance has an excess making it not worth claiming.

Still we're away and it's over 0C. Can't see how the wind can't dry the pitch up. Stinks a bit to us and a couple of locals we've been chatting to.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:31
Quote:
*baldric*
Has anyone else come down? Three of us here for the weekend...

Yes - we're in Mousehole.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:00
Re-scheduled for Sunday 25th February at 2.30. It's to be hoped it will have stopped raining by then.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 22:02
Gelbel - get to the Old Coastguard, and have a drink in their Beer Garden. Stunning view, great place!

MESSAGES->author
*baldric* (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 00:43
To all fans who have enjoyed the hospitality of captain Benbow and Trisha over the years, Sunday marks their retirement from the Admiral Benbow. We have been honoured with an invite to their leaving do, so of you wish to bid them a farewell, let me know and I will pass it on.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 08:14
Quote:
Mark_C
Gelbel - get to the Old Coastguard, and have a drink in their Beer Garden. Stunning view, great place!

No view today Mark - humping it down with lots of low cloud. Sitting outside might be a challenge too.

The Legion looks like a good place to watch the England match.

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 10:41
Baldric - please pass on my best wishes to Marshy and Trish. They did a great job at the Benbow, be interesting to see what happens to it now. A refit perhaps?

MESSAGES->author
*baldric* (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 23:57
Good call on the Crown Mr C. After a day watching rugby in Mousehole, it was a good night back in Penzance - plus had pizza delivered too!

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:26
Glad you enjoyed it - it's my favourite place when I'm down that way!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 13:10
Just bumped into two fans in Wetherspoons who didn't even know it was off.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:30
Well you have had a good dress rehearsal, the real thing in two weeks could be even better!

(Sm128)

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:16
Not made of money Almo. As Mr GB told the Pirates' ticket office when they called to ask if he wanted to hold on to the tickets for the rearranged match: "Yeah, if you'll pay for the flights, car hire and accommodation."

TBH, even if I could afford it, I won't be able to get the time off - getting these few days off was bad enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net