rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 29 December, KO 14:15 (new time) Doncaster Knights v Yorkshire Carnegie, Castle Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Tyko
New DoR?
Tyko (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 16:23
Rumoured on RugbyInsideLine that we have signed Chris Stirling as new DoR. Currently at Hurricanes but has spent time at Pirates. Interesting, if true. Didn't see that coming.

MESSAGES->author
Re: New DoR?
almostatyke (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 16:35
Whatever happens, given the absence of communication from the club, unless you have xray eyes you won't see it coming!

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 16:58
Letís hope there are some players left for him to direct!

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 17:11
Here in the next two weeks to assess the squad. Canít be a full time job can it ?

sent off carried off never backed off

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 20:25
Is he coming with most of the hurricanes squad? I have not heard of him but he is working for a top side there.

Interesting times ahead I hope!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 20:28

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 21:18
Looks more like a backroom role to me.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 22:06
He might be stepping up. New challenge and all.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 22:15
Can't see it. He'd want paying for a start

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 22:18
[cornish-pirates.com]

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

[i.stuff.co.nz]

The right man for the Yorkshire experiment to work?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:36
Quote:
leemingtyke
Can't see it. He'd want paying for a start

(Sm6)

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 17:14
Seems he's experienced at identifying and developing talent.

But can he hang on to it for us?

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 10:31
Reading the rugby paper this morning Chris Stirling has joined on a two year contract. It also mentions our paper thin squad andwith the departure of Marc Thomas and Ben West as well and no new signings announced he will not have much to work with. With Charlie Beech also going to Coventry the way they are performing at the moment he will be playing against us next season

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 11:18
If true, then the appointment looks like we are aiming for a promotion push in about two years, using the talent Chris has identified/developed supported by imported players. As there is no point in aiming for second place, I expect another austerity season next year as, so long as relegation is avoided, it's better to keep wage monies for the "big push".

MESSAGES->author
Loosehead (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 12:55
Quote:
almostatyke
If true, then the appointment looks like we are aiming for a promotion push in about two years, using the talent Chris has identified/developed supported by imported players. As there is no point in aiming for second place, I expect another austerity season next year as, so long as relegation is avoided, it's better to keep wage monies for the "big push".

If you are aiming to be promoted within 2 years, then you need to have core of the team in place next season, the players need to bed in, you then add in the 2nd season for the push, if not it will be a continious cycle of failing.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 12:59
Don't disagree at all, Loosie. I expect the "Promotion Push" to start in two years but I believe (as I said in the State of the nation topic) that Promotion is a three year campaign. Realistically we could be in the premiership in 4 to 5 years time.

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 16:31
Does it seem strange that the new DOR joins on a two year contract, whilst J-Lowe and our forwards coach only get one year contract extensions, according to the article,a a reward for getting us to third position on a shoe string budget. Canít help feeling that itís players we need rather than another non playing person to pay.

Letís just hope he brings some hurricanes players with him....

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 17:34
Everyone is saying two or three years but I think a lot is happening that we haven't heard about yet and could be sooner than that.

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 18:13
Sure things are happening, whether us mere supporters get to hear about what those things are is another thing. Question is whether it is going to be good things happening or not so good. I try and be optimistic but....

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 19:43
We never say anything till it is nailed on

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 13:48
In The Rugby Paper it said he was coming "in a High Performance role". Nowhere have I seen DoR mentioned - only in various posts by people on this forum or fans on Twitter.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 19:22
True. That's was his Hurricanes role. I would love to know the plan and who they want where and when

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:24
Wuss are having a good coaching reshuffle.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

arfur
SJP (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:30
Quote:
Gelbel
In The Rugby Paper it said he was coming "in a High Performance role". Nowhere have I seen DoR mentioned - only in various posts by people on this forum or fans on Twitter.

When he was at Pirates he was known as High Performance Manager or Director. What I do know is that he is a great bloke and will work his socks off for you. Don't think he would have left Pirates if our stick in the mud Council had given permission for our new stadium at the time.

btw Gelbel I used to post on the Igloo too. Hope all is well with you.

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:13
Hi SJP (Sm150)

Good thanks - and you I hope.

arfur
SJP (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Gelbel
Hi SJP (Sm150)
Good thanks - and you I hope.

Apart from getting older I'm fine thanks.(Sm128)

EDF Trophy Winners 2007
B & I Cup Winners 2010

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net