rugbyunion
Latest News:
Friday 28 September, KO 19:45 Jersey Red v Yorkshire Carnegie, St Peter's
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Vacuum packed coffee
almostatyke (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:37
I try to be as positive as possible but there has been a huge vacuum in information from the club. We have seen that the fans' forum, started with good intentions but has become a public relations exercise: no disrespect to the FF members, who have done their best, but whenever a difficult question has been asked the answer has been avoided and massaged minutes issued.
We are down to a hardcore of attendees at matches (attendance report to follow in due course) and we are not easily fooled. In the absence of information/liaison/encouragement we can only assume the worse.

When will the club wake up and smell the coffee?

yorkie ba
Re: Vacuum packed coffee
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 22:21
I might be wrong but it seems to me that fans forum members have stopped posting on this site recently. Any reason???

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 22:47
Being a member of the 'Fans Forum' was the final nail as far is my Headingley attendance went. I have to say that your first paragraph matches my experience, Almo.

Miserati - and Proud to be!

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 23:14
The club do not care about its supporters. A club like Coventry which is in division drew in nearly 2,000 spectators. They have a close affinity with their supporters and wasps just a couple of miles down the road. Next season we will have more away supporters than home

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:18
Quote:
yorkie ba
I might be wrong but it seems to me that fans forum members have stopped posting on this site recently. Any reason???
There's enough doom and gloom in this world without visiting here. (Sm103)

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:12
No offence Gelbel, but are you not one of the moderators on this site? I would have thought that it would be of concern to you and others to try to keep this site going. So please, put us "doom mongers" in our place and post something to lift our spirits. Almostatyke can't keep this going on his own! Let's have something to smile about!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 15:27
The key word there is moderator - I keep it updated, back room stuff.

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 15:54
Is there anything to lift our spirit Gelbel ?

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:36
We're not Rotherham?

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 18:54
Wow! Thanks for you contribution. That has cheered me up no end.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 18:56
(Sm161)(Sm21)

MESSAGES->author
Mark_C (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 07:57
There may well be good news and developments ahead, but the Fans Forum members have to keep it confidential until the club allows them to release it.

Miserati - and Proud to be!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 17:50
The club never release info until it's nailed on. Best way

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:05
Just had an email from the club saying it is going to snow........

MESSAGES->author
Kimbo (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 23:51
Quote:
headingleytyke
The club do not care about its supporters. A club like Coventry which is in division drew in nearly 2,000 spectators. They have a close affinity with their supporters and wasps just a couple of miles down the road. Next season we will have more away supporters than home
"A close affinity to W*sps"? Do me a favour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net