rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 17 November, KO 15:00, Coventry v Yorkshire Carnegie, Butts Park Arena
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

TykesRugby.co.uk
Lame Duck Bragging Rights
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 21:17
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2018 08:10 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Lame Duck Bragging Rights
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 21:32
Excellent report Madtyke, it was like I was there!

(Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 08:26
Nice report Madtyke - all those notes with family in tow too!

I was surprised at Richard Beck being announced as MoM - possibly our captain for me.

I found it a bit of a flat match but happy to see that Stevie seems to have found his kicking mojo - loved some of his boomers (well 'cept the one that missed touch). What was it with Elder falling over practically every time he had the ball? Though I did think the grass looked a bit on the long side.

Defence was outstanding again.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 10:48
Thanks Madtyke. I enjoyed yesterday’s game, it was played with a lot of intensity- trying telling those players who limped off it was a dead rubber.

I never liked the playoffs- until last year’s finals when I became a convert. The league is poorer without them. How exciting would these last 3 games be for those of us in the mix for a top 4 place?

Shout out to Pistol Pete who would have been my MoM, and Mayhew (R) who had a stormer too.

Hope Ben West is ok.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:03
Good write up Madtyke, nice to have an official, unofficial match report as there hasnt been one for a while.

Very encouraged by Gelbels final comment above.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:20
Pistol Pete would have been my MoM too. Although not a spectacular running rugby festival, I thought it a good contest between two good quality Championship teams. Our scrum and defending was excellent when you consider that Jersey have notched up some impressive scalps recently.
Enjoyed the game and, although we didn't hold out to prevent Jersey a losing bonus point, it was still a good win.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:38
I would be interested to hear from anyone who watched the match on the stream: commentator comments etc.

(Sm26)

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:43
I would have watched on the stream, IF it had been publicised and I'd known it was on. PR????

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
Zandra LaPoI (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:22
Nice one Andy!

Haven't been this season however caught the back end of the live stream and we looked good, liked Mayhew's try, solid Captain's run, personally i think it is something to do with his new haircut!

Hope to come back next season, I'll be working from Catterick from June so I should be back most weekends. Looking forward to Asbo smashing the Yorkshire lads around the pitch!!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:51
Quote:
Haxbytyke
I would have watched on the stream, IF it had been publicised and I'd known it was on. PR????

Hi Hax, let's face it, you can't expect the club to advertise a "rival" stream when they really want punters through the turnstiles?

It was mentioned on this forum in the attendance thread.

You missed a good match!

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:55
Mostly agree with comments on game - but to add in mix Chris Elder didn’t have his best game, and usually he is outstanding. George Watkins was prominent which for me has not always been the case, some good runs and a clear high tackle possibly prevented a score. Rich Mayhew was my top performer led the really impressive defense and a great try.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:05
Quote:
almostatyke
Quote:
Haxbytyke

Hi Hax, let's face it, you can't expect the club to advertise a "rival" stream when they really want punters through the turnstiles?

It was mentioned on this forum in the attendance thread.

You missed a good match!

Almo, what about those who couldn't go, it was a chance to promote the club? In fairness I don't expect them to promote anything, it is what I've become used to over the years as a supporter. I wouldn't let them organise an event in a brewery!!

COME ON LEEDS.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:15
Thought our defence was very good. Keeping them out just before half time was critical, particularly as they’d had more possession and territory.

TykeGeorge
TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:35
Smiled at Gebels comment earlier about the long grass as my lad made a comment about the grass length before kick off and I thought he was getting in the excuses early!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 07:04
Haxby totally agree with Almo on the club not promoting a stream. GK IPA had it all over FB and Twitter last week so was out there for interested parties and I was reposting/retweeting everyone.

I have reports the stream was a bit iffy though in the South West!

Are you Grand Nationaling this week?

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:31
Hi Gel, like many others, I am still in the dark ages and don't use FB or twitter, so unlikely to find out.

Sadly not at Aintree this week, got the joys of being everywhere else for 4 days. I'll be at Newcastle on Saturday.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:17
Great report. Thanks madtyke

Radio leeds did great commentary on the game.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 23:22
Promoting a stream? That may just get new or past supporters interested in what is going on at the Club. Now we can't have that, can we!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net