rugbyunion
Latest News:

We await the 2018/9 season. Happy summer!

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
Gareth Jones
JDH (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:39
Gareth Jones is leaving radio leeds for ventures new soon. Thought Gareth was worth his own thread as a massive thanks for championing yorkshire rugby and in particular Yorkshire Carnegie. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in the media much. He has never been afraid to ask the difficult questions and push for answers the fans wanted to know.

So cheers Gareth. I hope you can still champion us from your new job.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Gareth Jones
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:56
Amen to that. I hope someone will continue to fly the flag for union at Radio Leeds. I believe he is off to a senior role at Sporting Life so not sure how much time he will have to devote to second division rugby.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 20:18
Thanks Gareth.

MESSAGES->author
Rocky (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:32
Gareth has done a huge amount for Yorkshire and Leeds rugby and will be greatly missed.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 23:39
The voice of Leeds Tykes, Carnegie and Yorkshire. Sad to see Gareth move from Radio Leeds but I wish him well for the future. I hope he does not forget us and hope that there will be others at Radio Leeds and elsewhere in the media that will take over the good work he has done. I would particularly love to see those responsible for promoting the Club at the Club to finally start doing their job. Take an example from Gareth!

Thanks Gareth for all you have done. We will miss you!(Sm128)

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 22:27
Gareth has done far more than anybody who works for Carnegie to promote the club. Very knowledgeable, and a top bloke, always prepared to talk to the fans as well. Good luck Gareth, you will be missed.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 00:17
Sorry to see Gareth go. Always grateful for his insights. Thanks and good luck for the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net