rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 18 August, KO 15:00, Darlington Mowden Park v Yorkshire Carnegie, Northern Echo Arena

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

MESSAGES->author
OT Royal Wedding
almostatyke (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 19:09
What are you doing to avoid the royal wedding? I am in France. However it is still headline news on French TV.

MESSAGES->author
Re: OT Royal Wedding
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 19:31
Getting some old paint out of the shed, throwing it against an old wall and watch it dry

red hot pokers into the eyes

IKEA on a Saturday afternoon

John Bentley's "memoirs of when i was a lion"

any of the above are preferable

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 20:35
Giro on Eurosport.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 22:21
Currently zipping myself into my sleeping bag in a 12x12 tent for a weekend exercise!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 21:20
Alas France was not far enough. Though, thankfully, I was on the road (or autoroute) during the actual event, it was not only shown live on mainstream French TV, but sadly, in the evening they had a highlights programme with action replays and pundits to comment on every move.

As a sales exercise the thing has working brilliantly, and the Royal Family has completely re-branded since the pre-Diana era. But not my cup of tea.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 10:16
(Sm128) No TV in the Cracker Barrel. Bliss!

John R
John R (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 21:35
Those of you who know my motor sport activities may smile when I say I was in Twiglees and Castle'Or forests in the Scottish Borders (Lockerbie and Moffatt areas.)

No tele. all day so didn't see a thing! When I arrived home Sunday evening, my management said it was a very nice wedding ! I hadn't seen any of it.

Hornchurch
Hornchurch (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 19:36
Watched every minute and absolutely loved it. That said, I did lose the will when the American Bishop Michael Curry carried on and on and on and on. Still it gave me a chance to make a coffee.

Yeldor took to the roads on his motorbike.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 19:45
Seems to be a male/female split on this! Mrs (Madame) Almo lapped it up like milk too, despite being from Republican France!

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 19:57
The French love it all as far as I can tell. They were mad about the Princess of Wales (Lahdee Dee) when I was there in the early 80s. TV5 Monde cleared its schedule to show the France 2 coverage all morning and there were just as many folk gabbing on about the frock.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
01 June, 2018 16:17
Watching the highlights some time later, Hornchurch, making coffee, you missed the best bit. If there were more like Bishop Michael Curry, the world would be a better place. Brilliant sermon, delivered with passion! Almost made me want to become religious!

Hornchurch
Hornchurch (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 14:03
Ah Bobba my old mate.

Sad person that I am.

I actually did listened to it as I put it on the lap top while I made coffee.

For me he started very well but it was not personal at all to the couple in front of him, until he said, lets get you married, but no he still carried on.

Sounded like one of his normal Sunday Sermons to me, that said, they do last a lot longer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net