rugbyunion
Latest News:
Friday 28 September, KO 19:45 Jersey Red v Yorkshire Carnegie, St Peter's
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

TykesRugby.co.uk
The Perennial Question
TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 09:46
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2018 10:52 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
Re: The Perennial Question
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 14:28
Another good peice Almo. Informative as well as interesting.

I think you've nailed it when you say that anybody wishing for a move away from Headingley is actually wanting a split from Leeds rugby rather than a having a problem with the stadium.

When the redevelopment is finished I think it will be one of the best rugby grounds in the country; a fantastic place to watch rugby.

I also think it played a role in attracting our new DOR to the club. Its a tough one but I think a move away is more idealistic than realistic. I'd stay.

As for other grounds in the region, we'll be finding out next month that the Northern Echo Arena is a fantastic venue, if a little souless imho. DMP got there first though obviously.

MESSAGES->author
GJD (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 20:44
We would b insane to leave headingley, death of the club

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
02 July, 2018 22:17
We need a team putting together to play in it then it's up to us and the public to go.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 21:45
Slightly disappointed that posters who have advocated leaving Headingley have not contributed to this thread. Perhaps I have confused people with facts?

(Sm156)

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 09:37
Quote:
GJD
We would b insane to leave headingley, death of the club

The "Club" has been slowly dying ever since our glory day on the 16th April 2005! All brought on by the director and managements decisions over the years. Some of these are still on our new "independent" board. Time for a change even if it means starting from scratch! We did it once, we can do it again. I am confident that away from LS6 and all that that entails will attract investment which would be to the benefit of our "club" and our club alone!

Time for a Phoenix moment!

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 09:39
Oh, as an afterthought. Almo. One word. Bunkum!

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 10:54
Skipton have a very nice ground. Just saying.

(SM124)

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 14:51
Just driven past my old stomping ground at Bradford and Bingley which it appears is sponsored by........ Emerald!!!!

Bit of a flood risk but as its 5 mins walk away from my house (on high ground thankfully) i think its a great shout

Decent beer last time i went in there as well

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 15:04
Bring back the old days

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 21:06
Quote:
Bobba
Oh, as an afterthought. Almo. One word. Bunkum!

Which facts are you disputing?

1spy
1spy (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 07:51
Very constructive article.For the last eight years i have been the Vice Chairman of the Stadium4Cornwall pressure group.Do not go down that road it will take you years if your lucky.We lost DOR Chris Stirling due to the delay.You will have a new built Stadium available for immediate use.My advice is get behind the club and make it work.
Bill Rees

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:48
Quote:
1spy
....My advice is get behind the club and make it work.
Bill Rees

That sounds like good advice.

(Sm124)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:33
Thanks for your advice "from the horse's mouth", 1spy.

For those wanting separation from the Leeds Rugby management, note that Gary Hetherington seems to have started his retirement exit strategy by handing over some of his Rhinos duties to Sir Kev.

MESSAGES->author
Re: The Perennial Questions
SideStep (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 08:24
Ok so since I started following Leeds Tykes in 2001 they've got rid of Tykes and brought in Carnegie which to this day I still cannot stand. They need rebrand from Leeds which is my rugby union team to Yorkshire which again is arrogant at best and I still can't stand that. If they then take it away from Headingley go some where else in Yorkshire for me its the final nail in the coffin. I think Mark C did the right thing years ago when he started watching Pock instead.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 14:37
I go to games , buy a coffee before the game then leave immediately after it. Sadly the rebranding in it's various guises has led to the decline, the days when we were Leeds Tykes and went for a few shandys in the Rugby Club are long gone as has the 'Club' atmosphere. Even waiting for the Bentos 5 minutes first in the Long Room and now as the attendance has dropped the Carnegie Bar usually takes an hour to start after the final whistle. I try to watch Cleckheaton when they are at home as it is good to see rugby played with passion. Looking forward to seeing Mark C when Pock come to town.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net