rugbyunion
Latest News:

Saturday 18 August, KO 15:00, Darlington Mowden Park v Yorkshire Carnegie, Northern Echo Arena

Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
This site has NO affiliation to Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.
Ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online.
Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.

sm123sm
Friday nights
sm123sm (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 12:12
1st game of season away at Hartbury on the Friday night
Also Jersey with our home game against Scottish on the Friday too and a few others mixed in too. What do people think about Friday night fixtures and what day would you prefer if not.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Friday nights
almostatyke (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 18:20
As I see it:
Positives
- good for avoiding clashes with 6Nations etc
- Special atmosphere under the lights
- Can be combined with a Friday evening visit to the pub

Negatives
- Bad for away fans, unless local derby
- Can be too cold in middle of winter
- not good for young children

A think a few Friday night matches at the start of the season is a good idea.

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 19:04
I like Friday night games. It means I can relax after we win/lose/draw for the rest of the weekend. It could be problematic for fans travelling from around the county, especially those who work for a living so I am being a bit selfish.

(Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 09:16
They get my vote

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 10:43
Personally my preference, game under lights and a pint after the working week

Also little Miss Opus has rugby matches Sunday (as i suspect other supporters do) so i miss one or the other,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2018 12:31 by opuscoitus.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 11:18
Don't mind an odd Friday game but would prefer a kick-off at 7.00 or 7.30.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
14 July, 2018 07:04
Sunday afternoon kickoffs were always favoured because they allowed families to go to Sunday morning games and then up to Headingley, Away supporters could travel from around the country, clashes with local clubs were avoided.

If they choose to go to Friday night kickoffs then that's 3 supporters they will lose and I reckon the Club will fade and due as the supporters vote with their feet. I refuse to drag my kids out late on a Friday night to get home for 10.30pm and I live locally, imagine kids travelling from Driffield or Scarborough, they wouldn't get home until after midnight.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
14 July, 2018 07:37
And that remains the case - there is just one Friday night home game planned, against London Scottish. The cup games are on Saturdays, as is, of necessity, the last home game. All other fixtures are set for Sunday afternoons.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

yorkie ba
yorkie ba (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 10:21
There is always someone moaning about one thing or another. I'm surprised we've got any supporters left at all

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 11:10
No moan from me just a preference, as Little Miss Opus is 15 the girls have to play Sunday Afternoons as they can't mix share the changing rooms,

I did ask the coach if they could play a curtain raiser every home game then I could see them both :-) , fair play to Mrs Opus she goes with her when Carnegie are at home and I cover the other weeks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net