rugbyunion
Latest News:
Sunday 23 September, KO 15:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

wildwillie
Team for Ealing
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:17
Three changes according to the offy

(Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Team for Ealing
almostatyke (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 16:28
Good luck to the lads tomorrow.
Mixed news on the team selection IMHO: good to see more players coming in or promoted from the Academy, but I have reservations as to Ealing away being the best place to make your debut.
Quite a challenge coming up, let's hope for a good performance.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 21:12
Intensity, physicality, physicality, physicality and it'll be great experience for the young lads win, lose or draw.

Concentrate on our own game and get torn into 'em!

#ComeOnCarnegie

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:10
Anyone watch the game? I followed on twitter. Looks like blown away early doors.

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:35
Watched it on Sky. First quarter was awful, they were cutting our defence to ribbons, fast, incisive, quick offloads. Would have been good to watch, against anyone else! Did manage to get back into the game but still looked frail defensively and still too many silly mistakes. Ealing looked good throughout, we only looked good in patches I’m afraid.

Scuffer
Scuffer (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:04
Pete Lucock in particular and Temm did well. I do wonder though why we didn’t look ready for their initial onslaught which was where the game was lost. Stirling’s interview after the game was good. He is a realist and gives the impression that he knows what we need to do to improve. We might need to be patient this season! The commentators on Sky kept talking about what sounded like significant and imminent investment in the club which I am not sure I am aware of.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:57
Stirling says the funding is coming in the next 12 - 18 months.
Wasn't expecting a win but was expecting a closer score.

Selby Kev
Selby Kev (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 20:02
Unless we can shore up the timber we will finish 6/7 on today's performance? Need a Buzz or a Biggs factor with some blistering destructive runs...and a different mind set? We have some good resilience but surfacing too late? The aim is not wait and see...caution... and soak up pressure... which creates 'nerves'-but to put points on the board from the first whistle. Ealing were well used to a fast pitch-we should have been better mentally prepared for that onslaught on 'their' own turf. Its fixable-but didn't look top 4 today? More pressure needed from 10?

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 20:07
It wasn’t like the warnings weren’t there. The commentary team were saying how they started quick and ran up a score against the Exiles last week, then sat back. So, as Scuffer says, why weren’t we ready for it. Temm looked good and I thought the trialist hooker looked good, certainly the line out seemed to have improved over last week. There were good signs, sorry if my initial comment sounded a bit negative, but I did think we looked frail defensively. I can see Ealing running Irish to the wire though and suspect they will rack up a few big wins this season.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 21:02
Quote:
JDH
Stirling says the funding is coming in the next 12 - 18 months.

Where are you getting that from JDH?

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 08:18
It's OK saying we need a Biggs but that player needs the ball. Dan Moor will can be that player.

Elder had another mare until last quarter. Fox continues to impress - certainly did the home crowd.

Several injuries picked up - dare I say made worse due to that awful pitch. Injuries to my ears from the blooming awful stadium announcer.

FrostM
FrostM (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 08:54
Hi all .
I agree with you on the announcer couldn’t make out if he was a yank or Canadian but either way he was dire at one point I thought he was trying to copy the yank boxing announcer 😂
As for the game this was going to be a tough even with a fully fit side but must admit not the best start but I’m sure they’ll bounce back .

Disappointing and frustrating day shame Kieran didn’t get on towards the end when the game couldn’t be won and had players struggling with injuries

Onwards and upwards

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 10:04
Stirling has mentioned funding in a couple over his interviews. Sounding positive and it was a matter of time. He said he wouldn't be here if it wasn't coming.

Fox is a good player. Coaches said the new hookers throwing was spot on so that good to hear. We will improve

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 10:19
Where did Burden go too?

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 12:28
Quote:
JDH
Stirling has mentioned funding in a couple over his interviews. Sounding positive and it was a matter of time. He said he wouldn't be here if it wasn't coming.

So you would think. I have heard suggestions that one of our existing backers might be preparing to dig deeper into his pockets. We shall see.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 08:19
Quote:
JDH
Where did Burden go too?

Fred? Saw him at Darlington - more neck surgery. That's probably it for him as he was talking about getting 'a proper job'.

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 10:35
Quote:
JDH
Coaches said the new hookers throwing was spot on so that good to hear. We will improve

To be fair I thought Gibbings - the new lad from Exeter - threw well too against Richmond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2018 10:36 by Tyko.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 18:03
I note that the full Ealing game is available to watch on YouTube. However, has anyone got the appetite to actually watch it? I certainly haven't.

(Sm113)

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
20 September, 2018 19:19
Nope .

sent off carried off never backed off

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net