rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 15 December, KO 14:00 Yorkshire Carnegie v Coventry Rugby, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Optimism
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 19:46
In the past this forum has almost imploded by the negativity, disappointment and frustration caused by the team and, to be honest, the team management.

I commend posters for resisting the easy "its $hit and I don't want to be part of it" attitude.

So we are probably lower than we have been, since our original Premiership promotion. But come on, we can get behind the team and help climb our way out of this hole.

I hope we have a great turnout for next weekend's Bedford match, when we can all huddle together, both sitters and standers, in the excellent South Stand.

(Sm51)

I wasn't born in Yorkshire but I got here as soon as I could

MESSAGES->author
Re: Optimism
JDH (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 20:27
Always behind the team

Grybz
Grybz (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 06:37
You are right Almo, although optimism has not been easy so far this season. I canít do anything about investment, the running of the club or management, I can only turn up and support from the sidelines. So letís just get behind the players that are fit, hope that the injured players return quickly and there is an improvement on the pitch and await a turnaround in our fortunes (in both senses of the term)

Dr Jabber2
Dr Jabber2 (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 07:54
Morning All,

This has got to be a very low point for all of us!.
Whilst I can't drive at present, iam reduced to the laptop and rocking movements as we push for the line lol.
Let's try to keep the faith and hope that a turn around in fortune comes soon.
Hope to get the licence back in time for the end of the season.

Dr J

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 11:11
I don't for one moment think anyone of the current or past supporters are against the players. They do the best.The problems that we have lay fairly and squarely on the management and, to some degree, coaching. Supporters can only offer encouragement to the side. it is the directors who are there to provide the means to create a successful team. They have failed miserably over the last decade.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 12:37
The players have to take some responsibility too. I would think they would say they have underperformed as a whole for far too long now.

It will get better. It has too

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 18:36
Quote:
Dr Jabber2
Morning All,
This has got to be a very low point for all of us!.
Whilst I can't drive at present, iam reduced to the laptop and rocking movements as we push for the line lol.
Let's try to keep the faith and hope that a turn around in fortune comes soon.
Hope to get the licence back in time for the end of the season.

Dr J

Great post DR J, but I think your health is top priority - hope you are fully fit soon - after all sport is only sport. Hope you make it to the completely new South Stand by the end of the season, and if we are a bit higher in the table that is good too.

smiling smiley

Dr Jabber2
Dr Jabber2 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2018 17:16
Thank you for your kind words almostatyke I will add a few lines on the message board when I get the licence back.

Keep the faith Dr J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net