rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 17 November, KO 15:00, Coventry v Yorkshire Carnegie, Butts Park Arena
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
The Cup Games
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 05:07
We have 6 cup games between now and Christmas, after which we simply have to start winning rugby matches.

So, with a raft of new players to bring in, how do we approach these 6 games?

Experiment for the first 3 to decide the preferred first 15 then play them together for the last 3?

Do we completely bin our current playing style and attempt to re-invent ourselves with a game plan that suits the strengths of our newcomers?

Thoughts......

MESSAGES->author
Re: The Cup Games
Madtyke (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 09:44
Well having a new flyhalf with more tape in his knee is a worrying aspect. Certainly CS needs to mould a team that will mould together and start gaining a winning mentality. Sadly I think Bainbridge has lost his mojo, he seems take contact all too often and gets isolated with a resulting penalty.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 10:09
Baino prob trying too hard to make a difference himself.

We need to get some confidence back and start nailing plays when it matters. Hopefully getting a settled team will help and give them the cup games.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 15:15
Quote:
leemingtyke
Do we completely bin our current playing style and attempt to re-invent ourselves with a game plan that suits the strengths of our newcomers?

I think Chris knows what playing style he wants, sadly the existing uninjured players have not been able to execute it successfully. IMHO the new players brought in will be selected to suit this system rather than the other way round.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 11:09
Another important function of the Cup Games is for the recovering injured players, e.g. Mayhew, Beck, to be brought back up to full match fitness.

Farmertyke1
Farmertyke1 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 15:33
Let us hope we do not get any more injuries in the cup games .

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
30 October, 2018 19:12
I guess this spell of cup games will just be like normal league weeks given the situation we are in. Doubt that it will be wholehearted introduction of youngsters and they will be offset by new signings.

Shush
Shush (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 00:03
Quote:
Madtyke
Well having a new flyhalf with more tape in his knee is a worrying aspect. Certainly CS needs to mould a team that will mould together and start gaining a winning mentality. Sadly I think Bainbridge has lost his mojo, he seems take contact all too often and gets isolated with a resulting penalty.

I know Josh B was an England 20u, and also scored plenty of tries a couple of seasons ago, I just believe he's too small to be playing at Blindside Flanker. Surely he'd be better suited at Openside, thoughts?

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 10:13
I thought his preferred was 7 but just not playing there because of mayhew.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 17:04
In order to get through the first bit of the season there has been a lot of "mix and match" with players playing out of position just to get 15 on the field. But I see Bambi as a 7 with talent who seems to have suffered more than his fair share of injuries.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:26
"Bambi"??? When are you going to give up the silly name calling!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 19:02
One does not need to be fully formal on this messageboard. One can use "silly names" if one wishes.
It is called banter.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 19:45
Having retired from his previous employment as an engineer, it seems that Almost has taken the vows, and is going around with his tub of Holy Water and rechristening everything and anyone that he can't immediately remember the name of. Perhaps he should rename himself as Friar Almost.(Sm100)

wildwillie
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 15:45
Bobba stop insulting the moderators or you will be on the naughty step again.

(Sm73)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 17:07
Sticks and stones...

(Sm100)(Sm162)

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 15:48
Bambi is what young Josh is known as in the squad - we're not inventing any silly names where they are there already.

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:10
Moderators ganging up on me. Aaaahhhh! the naughty step! Please, not the naughty step again! Oh dear, I'm trembling!

Gelbel. Perhaps you could provide a list of our players alongside the aliases, nick names and any other names that they may be known as or are using. That could be an education for me and, perhaps, anyone else who may be interested.

As for Almost. he knows full well what I mean when I refer to him inventing names.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net