rugbyunion
Latest News:
Saturday 27 April KO 15:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v Hartpury, Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Donny washup
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 16:23
Well that was a great advert for Championship rugby. Loads of tries, drama and Yorkshire grit. Fitting that Pistol Pete was MoM - he was at the heart of everything. Young Harry is developing a nack of coming on and scoring. Bring on the Pirates.

Grybz
Re: Donny washup
Grybz (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 16:41
great to see a win in the league again and good to see a try bonus point as well. Temms score in the first half and Elders in the second gave me real optimism for the second half of the season. I was a little bit nervous, okay a lot nervous, for most of the second half but good to see the team back to winning ways. Good to see Rich Mayhew return as well. Happy New Year one and all.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 16:58
Season up and running! Well done lads.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 17:26
And with one bound - they were 11th. Keep it up chaps.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 17:46
Never in doubt! (well maybe a little in the 3rd quarter)

Well done Chris and the lads. A great Christmas present.

Onwards and upwards

Time Trial
Time Trial (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 18:13
My first match this season. Was interested to see the progression of the team. Harry Davey made a big impact when he came on: Text book tacking, fleet of foot and a try to boot.

The First half try from the line out was excellent - I had no idea where the ball was and nor did the Donny defence.

Clearly lots of work to do to get the performance that Stirling wants but a bonus point win is a great way to restart the Championship campaign

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 18:27
Obviously not an easy place to go and win, Donny (both team and supporters) put in a gritty shift, but I think that they did not have the quality of replacements that we now have. Interesting that once Quigley went off nearly every scrum was completed, whereas before nearly every scrum was a fee kick or penalty.

I suspect that the Donny fan who shouted to us "are you Leeds or Yorkshire? Are you the best team in Yorkshire?" now wishes he had kept his mouth closed.

Great to see my first true Carnegie win at Castle Park in about 8 visits!

(Sm146)

Farmertyke1
Farmertyke1 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 18:47
Well done to all the team .
True about Mr Quigley Almo , he has been a problem for the Leeds scrum for many years now . Bizarrely he looks no older than when he was at Roth all those years ago.
Many positives this afternoon not least the fact we have a 10 .

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 18:51
And that fan Almo was saying "seconds" every time anyone shouted Yorkshire. Oh how I laughed - not (Sm120) And he was one of the many who left early - before the final result was even decided.(Sm55)

I only had a split second doubt we were going to lose that. The bench made hell of a difference.

Pirates at Headingley will be a good measure of how far we've come.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 21:54
I enjoyed that. A good game of rugby. Thought our defence was strong. Some big hits in there. I hope lemalu is ok he was very effective carrying the ball. Josh stood out too. Some crucial turnovers. The backs looked to have more about them as well. A few more variations in play. Nice try from JB. Need to see the highlights for the trickery though...
Some@#$%&kicking from hand and the scrum was a worry.
Davey did very well to score his try. Good tackle on there big 8 as well.
A lot more to come from this squad. I hope we continue to improve and climb up the table.

Chatted to a very nice man and his son. The lad was training to be a ref and had a refs ear piece in. Made the game more enjoyable actually knowing what the ref is saying and asking! I think the refs would get more respect if everyone could hear.

Last word on the donny entrance fiasco.. why don't they open more bloody ticket windows? Massive queues right where the cars go by. I narrowly missed hitting Michael Cusack. He would have made a right dint in my car. So the players are running out and a steward starts selling standing tickets last minute. I was short changed but in too much a rush to bother.
Why don't they sell standing at the end of the standing terrace like they did a few years back? U walk from the car all the way round to a massive cue. It's a joke.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 22:17
The Donny ground is probably the best Championship-level ground around. I love the longest bar and the cow pie, but they do seem set on having the longest queues also.
I remember several years ago a similarly-timed fixture, with one ticket office open, then they said if you have a tenner come on in, then after the kick-off they let the people at the end of the line in free.
There were 2000 people there today: surely that is manageable?

I wasn't born in Yorkshire but I got here as soon as I could

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
29 December, 2018 23:53
Well done lads! Only way is up!(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 05:59
I got in for 10 quid that day too. It really was a poor show from them imo. They haven't learnt and it's a simple one to fix too.

Time Trial
Time Trial (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 07:47
Agree with JDH. Licking from hand was very poor. Kick offs too long and down the middle, kicking to touch not making distance and lots of aimless Ďletís just give it back to themí. Thatís one area that really needed to be better. JB box kicks very testing for the defence though!

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 10:07
Donny should offer ďprint at homeĒ for tickets- their prices have gone right up recently so worth buying in advance but then having to walk round to queue at the ticket office is annoying

On to the game- we scored some very good tries! Was a bit concerned (ok a lot concerned) in the third quarter as Donny came out firing 2nd half, but our substitutions were well-timed.

One thing I did not like was the loud cheering when Elder missed the 3rd try conversion......... not very sporting! He had the last laugh though..........

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 11:11
Booked a couple of weeks ago £16 and ticket collection window no queue at all, even Donny fans moaning at length of queue pointing out how much bar takings are lost at the club by wasting time in a endless queue

Very satisfying coming away with 5 points didnít seem that way early in 2nd half but as CS has mentioned before we now have a bench that can make a difference, JBís try straight off of the training ground was the highlight but a solid team performance by all,

Strange seeing Elder kick just glad he didnít listen to me and aim for the holiday Inn sign, .....think thatís why I was a prop

Onwards to Pirates good yard stick that one

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:28
According to YP Jacob back for pirates game,

[www.yorkshirepost.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 11:40
Just about to post same details but delayed by technical difficulties!

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 16:12
Good! Quality player!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 20:15
Where will he play? Fullback?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 21:18
We are a bit thin at centre, so I would suggest he rotates there with Pistol Pete and Forsyth.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 23:35
He played at #10 for Wasps A in defeat to Northampton Wanderers this past weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net