rugbyunion
Latest News:
Sunday 21 April KO 14:30, Cornish Pirates v Yorkshire Carnegie, The Mennaye Field
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

MESSAGES->author
Team's Up
Madtyke (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 14:59

Billy ba
Re: Team's Up
Billy ba (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 15:14
What's happened to Lie I Kiri

Billy ba
Billy ba (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 15:15
Kiri Kiri

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 16:59
Good point about kiri kiri. Sure Chris will let us know what's happening.

Team looks strong. Looking forward to the game!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 17:18
Lots of other players not mentioned so prob got a niggle or just rested.

inside-knowledge
inside-knowledge (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:05
Hi guys

Antonio was rested v Donny then attended a family commitment in NZ. His return meant he missed Monday training so was not going to be in contention should we be fit.
He will be back in next week

In the current situation we have a handful of players who are very unlucky not to be involved.

Nice to have depth

See you Sunday or Saturday at U18 match

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:06
Thanks for the update I-K!

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 18:45
You cannot say fairer than that can you!

Looking forward to seeing the back 3 on the attack. Lots of pace and power. Plus the debut of Nic mayhew. It will be a good test against pirates.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 19:07
Gutted to miss this one. A week too early.

Come on Carnegie!

Selby Kev
Selby Kev (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 19:07
Agree JDH-Definitely 'a test' of where we are. Very apprehensive?? Pirates will have no fear on the back of this season's performance...and important we stamp our game plan on the turf as early as poss...go out to 'win the game' from the whistle-not just soaking up pressure and waiting?? I thought we were much better at Donny but last 20 could have unravelled very differently-some loose decision making and kicking put us under a lot of pressure? A very big test of the strides we have been making.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 19:17
Exactly my thoughts kev. We need to go out and give it to them.
We have a decent bench now so players can empty the tank.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 20:27
One of the most talented teams we have been able to put out in a long time IMHO. We have great strength in depth too.

It is just a matter of whether the players develop understanding under the stress of match conditions and do not buckle against perenial wily experienced Championship contenders, Pirates.

Great match in prospect!

(Sm146)

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 06:49
Forecast suggests it will be mild for January but with a stiffish breeze. For me it will be most important to keep hold of the ball and try to build a score.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 09:30
The guys played in a stiff sidewind at Castle Park so hopefully they can deal with it (and get the same result?).

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 11:39
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
For me it will be most important to keep hold of the ball and try to build a score.

Completely agree, I'd like to see this every week.

Hate this kicking to the corner when you're only 5 points up amateurish nonsense.

Not just us, loads of teams do it.

Come On Carnegie!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net