rugbyunion
Latest News:

hegars
BBC Radio Leeds
hegars (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:09
Full match commentary Friday evening from 7.40 as Nottingham host Yorkshire Carnegie with Paul Hegarty

Links via BBC Sport (Rugby Union) website and via BBC Radio Leeds.

Time Trial
Re: BBC Radio Leeds
Time Trial (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 07:49
Thanks- iíll be listening in

hegars
hegars (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 18:14
Sorry to announce that we are unable to bring commentary as facilities make it impossible. The only possible broadcast point is open to the elements and with rain in the air, water and electrics do not mix. The RFU must put guidelines in place so that all Championship games can be broadcast. It is after all the second tier of English rugby

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 18:14
I will be tuning in too

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 19:38
That's disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to tonight's commentary.

All clubs at this level should at least make provision for safe radio broadcast.

Twitter it is then ...

Time Trial
Time Trial (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 20:03
Just spent 15 mins trying to find this and cursing the Beeb for hiding th link... disappointing

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:06
No worries. Good point about facilities. Lady bay is poor even on a good day.

MESSAGES->author
JDH (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:37
Great win at a tough place. 5pts will do nicely. Well done team.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 21:56
Well done indeed. We really seem to have turned a corner with the last 2 results. 11 tries in 2 games!

Looking forward to Jersey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 21:57 by Nosnibor.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 22:33
Five tries to two looks like a convincing win away at a difficult venue. Good result!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 09:55 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 23:15
I presume that the wind played a part in this match, but the lads are used to it, seems every league game is played in a gale.

Great win and a valuable 5 points away against a good side.

(Sm46)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 23:20
Match report from the offie:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

We now seem to be playing at the standard of the top 4 in the Championship, though our league position does not reflect this.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 00:09
The game was a good one, even with Tom (I stand alone) Varndell on the wing the NottNotts whilst putting up a spirited performance couldn't compete with a dominant YC team. Line speed was excellent and the lineout was cooking on gas. The 2nd Notts try was dubious as the ref appeared to give a penalty advantage to YC at a lineout and the subsequent crossfield kick went straight to a Notts player who scored in the far corner and the advantage had been forgotten about.
A very enjoyable but cold game to watch.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 14:36
Our line out was spot on after the first one was called not straight as the wind took the ball.

Snaffled a few off Nottingham too.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 20:27
Great to hear that from someone there Gel!

Do you think we are at top 4 standard?

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:18
I think our league matches the third and fourth place sides will prove if we're top four or not. If you think last week's cup match was against a full strength Bedford I think we are there or thereabouts. Some stuff still to be sorted but we're even getting good luck - Jacob had a conversion bounce off the crossbar (pretty sure not a post) but the wind took it over when it was heading in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll see it in the highlights.

I also believe there is massive performance just waiting to come out of this side and I hope it's not the cup semi (the only match planned to miss the rest of this season) as I want to be there to see it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net