rugbyunion
Latest News:
20/21/22 September KO TBC, Nottingham Rugby v Yorkshire Carnegie (we hope)
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

MESSAGES->author
Re: Rumour mill
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 21:46
Aye, so does the Yorkshire Post

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 21:58
Quote:
almostatyke
Nowt new there, though it might sell some papers in South Yorkshire.
?????

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:01
Quote:
Bobba
Quote:
almostatyke
?????

Lost for words Doomboy? (Sm124)

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:14
Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
Bobba
Quote:
almostatyke
?????

Not at all. Just wondering how some papers might have been sold in South Yorkshire. Could not see the logic in the statement. That's what you get when you don't have a University education!

And, wow! Doomboy! Was that thought up all by your little self or did Almost come up with it on one of walks with your good buddy? Surely you could have come with something better or more insulting!

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:34
Quote:
Bobba
Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
Bobba
Quote:
almostatyke
?????

Not at all. Just wondering how some papers might have been sold in South Yorkshire. Could not see the logic in the statement. That's what you get when you don't have a University education!

And, wow! Doomboy! Was that thought up all by your little self or did Almost come up with it on one of walks with your good buddy? Surely you could have come with something better or more insulting!

Steady on boys. there's not enough of us left to be falling out with each other.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:55
(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 15:06
What the he'll is going on between posters ?

MESSAGES->author
Rocky (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 15:59
If I was working for an organisation in any industry where I had a short career if they were stringing me along and delaying offers I would be gone.

I wish the club the best but the players hoping for deals need to take care of themselves and their families and do what is right for them.

Loyalty cuts both ways but ultimately it’s a job and they rightfully need to know they will get paid.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 16:09
Quote:
Rocky
If I was working for an organisation in any industry where I had a short career if they were stringing me along and delaying offers I would be gone.
I wish the club the best but the players hoping for deals need to take care of themselves and their families and do what is right for them.

Loyalty cuts both ways but ultimately it’s a job and they rightfully need to know they will get paid.

Words of wisdom from the Rockmeister.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 18:21

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 18:41
Thanks for that JDH1, seems a pretty balanced article.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 19:23
Interesting read

headingleytyke
15 March, 2019 20:49
I totally understand players moving to secure jobs for next season. However, if we are around, where are we going to get players from. I know we have the overseas players under contract but would you come to a club that was struggling and could not offer you a future. I know we have our younger players but to throw alot of them into the could Ron of the championship would be dangerous

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 21:14
Absolute b0ll0cks IMHO

GH and PC "handed the club over at no cost and with no debt." - only after PC had used our ring fenced 4mill to repay himself the money he had put into the club. I have no problem with PC deciding he didn't want to bankroll the club anymore, no problem at all. But nobody puts money into professional sport expecting to get it back - no one. When he took that money he left us right in the @#$%&.

The board were "honest, transparent and delivered the news as quickly as possible" - really? Because I thought the players had to demand a meeting to find out Wtf was going on and, as far as I'm aware, the rest of us are still waiting to here anything at all directly from them.

And I particularly liked this bit -

"At the end of the day, the level of interest and support in the club will determine the future, and this applies to all professional sports clubs. Yorkshire Carnegie need more fans, more sponsors and corporate members and now, more investors to support the outstanding contribution made by the current ones. The clock is ticking. We have three games at Emerald Headingley this season and fans around the county can show how much they care by turning up."

So there it is, its all our fault. Its been our fault all along. If only we'd continued to turn up while the club alternated between telling us either nothing all or the type of sh1te spouted by GH in this article, then everything would've been cool.

Chris, this group of players and us the supporters deserve better than this.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 21:34
Normally I find your opinions similar to my own, Leeming. But in this case.....

Whatever money Caddick put in, if he takes a small proportion of it back then my only objection is that he didn't let us have the opportunity to find an alternative benefactor first. But he obviously put loads more in than he took back.

However the timing was crucial. In hindsight we now know that any team relegated from the Preiership has to use the parachute payment to get straight back or they are........like us.

The current board have tried but interest both at sponsorship level and even when we were relatively successful, secondly sadly lack of punters through the gate has also been disappointing.

I despair, unless Abromovich (or a similar figure) gets intereted in us the Premiership dream is not going to happen.

Please do not blame the current board for the dreams they have not been able to achieve.

Reading my post back, perhaps I am overstating my opinion. However, can anyone think of a different strategy? Any other plan that could work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2019 22:07 by almostatyke.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:19
I'll refer you to this tweet which I've just seen from Gareth Jones Almo:

@RugbyTimes - the board have sadly been the biggest con artists ever. I fell for it when they first took over. They talked an amazing game, but turned out to be clueless. Have destroyed an amazing club with great people involved and fantastic potential.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:43
I agree with bits of both of your posts. PC didn't leave us in a great position, selling our shares etc that the chiefs gladly snapped up. I suspect not having these has had numerous detrimental effects over the years?
The board have tried but keeping the fans in the loop has been poor imo.
Fans have dwindled because on the whole the last few seasons the rugby has been $hite. Games on the road haven't works cos we have been poor. Fans prob see there local team play better.
Fans turn up to see prem rugby in a stadium like HC. Big name teams with star players. We turn them over and new YC fans are born and others come back. Thats how I started 18 years ago. Play in a smaller ground, get a club feel over a few seasons could get you fans too. It's been mention playing away from HC with the option to go back if we were ever promoted. Would this free up funds to spend on the team? Is this why we struggle against teams with the same or lower budgets? As said previously it's a massive bloody shame because with the right backer the skys the limit here. You just have to read the academy updates and those involved with the academy posting on twitter to see that. We could have a largely home grown team competing with the best.

It's a rum do alright

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 00:08
Quote:
almostatyke
Reading my post back, perhaps I am overstating my opinion. However, can anyone think of a different strategy? Any other plan that could work?

Regional franchise? If the WRU can consider it for North Wales, then who knows?

Dr Zaius
Dr Zaius (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 00:33
Quote:
almostatyke
Does the 400k per year include the training ground and the back of office staff, I wonder?
It does. The Rhinos provide a complete back office function for Carnegie, including Chief Exec, Marketing director and resource, stadium, ticket office staff, gameday staff, training ground (sorry) etc etc. Historically this was on more than favourable terms to the RU club. Since the clubs went their separate ways it has by necessity had to be on commercial terms.
Setting up and getting all this elsewhere for less is probably not feasible without the club going to an almost semi-pro status.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 00:35 by Dr Zaius.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 09:37
Thanks Dr Z.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 11:30
Carnegie could get rid of the PR department, that'd save money.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 11:43
Chris Pilgrim on Twitter:

The squad and all the head coaches have always had the blame at this club, the only common denominator is the back room staff. It was the most amateurish ran club I ever played for.

[twitter.com]

MESSAGES->author
Zandra LaPoI (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 17:33
Quote:
Haxbytyke

(Sm22) (Sm22) (Sm22)

Made me laugh that did!!

headingleytyke
16 March, 2019 18:01
Haxby. What pr department .???

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 19:14
Quote:
Haxbytyke

Ever the wag eh Hax?

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 20:23
Even though I no longer attend games, I take no pleasure from what is happening to the club. I had some great times going to the games, and win or (usually) lose, it was always enjoyable, but things now seem to be desperate. Mo matter how optimistic some supporters are, I think the time has come to take heads out of the sand and see the reality of the situation. I saw the tweet above from Gareth Jones. He was a fan who did his utmost to keep Carnegie in the news, and when he makes comments like that, you have to listen.

COME ON LEEDS.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 20:51
Perhaps we should just enjoy the next 3 matches with our excellent current team and then take things as they come.

I think Gareth Jones and Paul Heraghty are both brilliant ambassadors/supporters and wear their hearts on their sleeves. But currently we are speaking of rumours, perhaps things are not quite as black as TRP makes out? Who knows, but let's not take it too pessimistically. Worst case scenario IMHO is that we become an average Championship team.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 22:05
Quote:
almostatyke
But currently we are speaking of rumours, perhaps things are not quite as black as TRP makes out? Who knows, but let's not take it too pessimistically. Worst case scenario IMHO is that we become an average Championship team.

And even that Almo, in my opinion is overly optimistic. I can honestly say I will not be surprised if Carnegie go out of business. Of course the supporters will not find out from the club, but through social media from other sources.
The report to shareholders is on April 1st. That says it all.

COME ON LEEDS.

headingleytyke
16 March, 2019 22:43
I think we will be semi pro

Tassigny74
Tassigny74 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 07:08
The failure of any company or organisation is down to the people who run it. The men at the very top chairman, board, chief exec etc. Cop out to blame players and coaches.

headingleytyke
17 March, 2019 11:21
Rugby paper says Steve Boden is leaving at end of the season.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 12:45
Quote:
headingleytyke
Rugby paper says Steve Boden is leaving at end of the season.
No it doesn't - it says could be on his way.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 12:47
Quote:
leemingtyke
Chris Pilgrim on Twitter:
The squad and all the head coaches have always had the blame at this club, the only common denominator is the back room staff. It was the most amateurish ran club I ever played for.

[twitter.com]

Happy enough to take the money for two years.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 12:53
Quote:
leemingtyke
@RugbyTimes - the board have sadly been the biggest con artists ever. I fell for it when they first took over. They talked an amazing game, but turned out to be clueless. Have destroyed an amazing club with great people involved and fantastic potential.

As someone replied and asked - where would the club have been without the board's money? Don't see him using his contacts to help drum up potential investors.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 13:01
Quote:
Tassigny74
The failure of any company or organisation is down to the people who run it. The men at the very top chairman, board, chief exec etc. Cop out to blame players and coaches.

Who's blaming players/coaches? Though we do seem to punch below our weight at times.

I know the buck stops at the top but what if they've done all they can to get investors? Horses to water and all that.

Until I hear otherwise, I'll keep a very concerned open mind. Gossip doesn't help - the club don't have to comment on gossip. Unlike some, I am not looking for a team to support.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 13:35
Quote:
Gelbel
Quote:
leemingtyke

As someone replied and asked - where would the club have been without the board's money? Don't see him using his contacts to help drum up potential investors.

When Gareth was working for Radio Leeds, he was very positive, and enthusiastic, which was more than could be said for the PR and Marketing at Carnegie. How they kept their jobs is beyond me. What did they do??

COME ON LEEDS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2019 13:36 by Haxbytyke.

AnIdiotAbroad
AnIdiotAbroad (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 14:20
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...

The Rugby Paper says 'Head Coach Steve Boden could also be on his way possibly to former club Doncaster Knights....'. Hardly a journalistic revelation bearing in mind Knights have been advertising for a Head Coach for several weeks and Bodes has history with the club. The article lists runners and riders for the position, interestingly though does not include a few very high profile applicants yet to make it to the authors attention.

Can 'Headingleytyke' sign-post us to what page in the RP his comment re Bodes is printed? If not, let's stick to real news not fake comments. Not helpful at a time when the coaches and players have enough to contend with.

#MOT

headingleytyke
17 March, 2019 15:30
Insert could to my comment ok. However everything Jon Newcomers has said has come to pass. It's all to do with budgets. Can we afford all our coaches and DoR

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 15:49
Let's see what unfolds. I have had enough of thinking the worst! Doesn't do anyone any favours.

I preferred the rumour threads when we had people posting about a possible All Black sighting in Kirkstall morrisons!

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 18:31
Quote:
Haxbytyke

When Gareth was working for Radio Leeds, he was very positive, and enthusiastic, which was more than could be said for the PR and Marketing at Carnegie. How they kept their jobs is beyond me. What did they do??

Marketing/PR for the Rhinos, which was their day job.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

SAWTRY_PIRATE
SAWTRY_PIRATE (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 12:19
Pirate in peace here! If the rumours are true about Wardy, you`ve got yourselves a phenomenal
ball thief in the ruck and maul. You won`t be disappointed!

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 17:01
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
Quote:
Haxbytyke

Marketing/PR for the Rhinos, which was their day job.

I should have added "for Carnegie" at the end.

COME ON LEEDS.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 21:38
Thanks pirate. It's nice to have a positive rumour!

inside-knowledge
inside-knowledge (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 22:26
Hi All

Its been a busy day and I have only just finished, focused on finding the best and positive way forward to achieve what we all want.

A top performing team in Yorkshire!!

We are not dead, far from it! The way forward is not clear currently but we must believe.

I have challenged the players to take the challenges head on and I think we are seeing their resolve.

Like you they are extremely frustrated but they are are focused on performing for all involved.

All I can ask is we hang tight and not give up. Not sure what the outcome will be but I feel we need to know we have done all we can to succeed.

Something I say to the staff and squad Is

tough times dont last, tough people do

Stirlo

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 23:14
Stirlo - a breath of fresh air.
Thank you

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 01:46
Whatever the outcome of all this uncertainty is, I don't think we could have had a better DoR to lead us through it. Definition of class. Thanks Stirlo.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 07:12
Quote:
inside-knowledge
Hi All
Its been a busy day and I have only just finished, focused on finding the best and positive way forward to achieve what we all want.

We are not dead, far from it! The way forward is not clear currently but we must believe.

I have challenged the players to take the challenges head on and I think we are seeing their resolve.

Like you they are extremely frustrated but they are are focused on performing for all involved.

All I can ask is we hang tight and not give up. Not sure what the outcome will be but I feel we need to know we have done all we can to succeed.

Stirlo

Another touch of class,

Many things been said on here about the board and who to blame and should have done this and should have done that, whoever employed this guy did the best thing that has happened to this club, we all want the best for our club whatever outcome that is, but for Stirlos sake I hope its onwards and upwards, top work fella

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 08:34
Perhaps we can help the consultants seeking globally for investment in Yorkshire Carnegie by suggesting that they explore the historical Yorkshire connections of the UK's richest man, Jim Ratcliffe. He moved the East Yorkshire as a ten year old and attended Beverley Grammar School before moving away.

The investment sought by Carnegie is insignificant alongside the 110m and 35m pa he is putting into Team Ainslie (America's Cup) and Team Ineos (Cycling) and considerably less than that which would be involved were he to pursue rumoured interest in acquiring Chelsea FC.

Just a thought .............!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2019 10:13 by Beeston Lion.

Hornchurch
Hornchurch (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 08:43
Quote:
opuscoitus
Quote:
inside-knowledge
Hi All

Stirlo

Another touch of class,

Many things been said on here about the board and who to blame and should have done this and should have done that, whoever employed this guy did the best thing that has happened to this club, we all want the best for our club whatever outcome that is, but for Stirlos sake I hope its onwards and upwards, top work fella

Well said Chaps

Totally agree

leeds_shark
WPL (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 09:23
Quote:
Hornchurch
Quote:
opuscoitus
Quote:
inside-knowledge
Hi All

Stirlo

Another touch of class,

Well said Chaps

Totally agree

Seconded!!!

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 16:39
Stick in there Chris. We are behind you.

leeds_shark
WPL (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 16:55
Quote:
Beeston Lion
Perhaps we can help the consultants seeking globally for investment in Yorkshire Carnegie by suggesting that they explore the historical Yorkshire connections of the UK's richest man, Jim Ratcliffe. He moved the East Yorkshire as a ten year old and attended Beverley Grammar School before moving away.
The investment sought by Carnegie is insignificant alongside the 110m and 35m pa he is putting into Team Ainslie (America's Cup) and Team Ineos (Cycling) and considerably less than that which would be involved were he to pursue rumoured interest in acquiring Chelsea FC.

The thought did cross my mind - Yorkshire Ineos anyone (to be honest at the moment I wouldnt have any complaints!)

Hornchurch
Hornchurch (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 18:25
Quote:
Beeston Lion

Very good idea as he spent his informative years in Yorkshire it is definitely worth a shot.

What could be better than investing in a great Yorkshire rugby union club.

Scuffer
Scuffer (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 20:02
Great inspiring stuff Stirlo. Thank you.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 20:38
Quote:
WPL
Quote:
Hornchurch
Quote:
opuscoitus
Quote:
inside-knowledge
Hi All

Stirlo

Another touch of class,

Well said Chaps

Totally agree

Seconded!!!

Thirded

If we'd have had Stirlo and this group of players 3 or 4 years ago, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 20:45
Quote:
Hornchurch
Quote:
Beeston Lion

Very good idea as he spent his informative years in Yorkshire it is definitely worth a shot.

What could be better than investing in a great Yorkshire rugby union club.

There are also Yorkshire based companies like the Drax Group who turn over money in the billions.

I'd have thought there could be some sort of marketing line drawn between sustainable power and rugby union.

MESSAGES->author
20 March, 2019 20:56
The trouble is, as we have said before, that it isn't an investment, it's a leap of faith or, if you prefer, a vanity project. A wealthy individual can do as he or she pleases with their brass; a corporation has to think of its shareholders. The worldwide exposure for Ineos having their name on the kit of one of the top cycling teams is immense. Reaching a couple of thousand folk at Headingley and maybe once a year on TV doesn't give much bang for the sponsorship buck.

Hornchurch
Hornchurch (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 21:43
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
The trouble is, as we have said before, that it isn't an investment, it's a leap of faith or, if you prefer, a vanity project. A wealthy individual can do as he or she pleases with their brass; a corporation has to think of its shareholders. The worldwide exposure for Ineos having their name on the kit of one of the top cycling teams is immense. Reaching a couple of thousand folk at Headingley and maybe once a year on TV doesn't give much bang for the sponsorship buck.

Agree Albert with my head but my heart says surely some proud Yorkshire person should put something back into their community.

Additionally, they will get a great deal if they invest now, at a bargain price, and get better exposure as we continue to grow under Chris Stirling Yorkshire Carnegie's Director of Rugby.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 21:56
Agree Albert but we've seen what Stirlo and this team are capable. A leap of faith could be rewarded in as little as one season with a return to the Premiership and the higher exposure that would bring. As Hornchurch says, it'd be putting something back into the community.

Wharfedale1985
Wharfedale1985 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2019 11:51
Long time lurker on this board first time poster.

These last few weeks have been incredibly sad to watch and read. To me its diabolical what goes on at the club and many a time I've found myself shaking my head at what comes out. One thing I take exception to is GH's article in the YP when he basically turned the blame on the fans in a veiled form by saying people need to start turning up. Who can blame people walking away? When the club go on the road it's a bad joke, we went to watch them at Ilkley against Bath and stupidly thought it would be a family day how mistaken I was there was nothing for the kids to do, it was an ideal oppurrtunity for the club to engage with the fans.

I firmly believe the blame for this lays at the hands of former owners.

Tassigny74
Tassigny74 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 08:27
Rumour from someone with RFU connections, claims nasty tax letter at headingley, RFU refusing to help bail YC out waiting for club to fold and then move academy to Donny, than ring fence the prem. No idea if this is true or tin foil hat territory.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 10:12
If Donny take on a rfu Academy it would send them down. We all know that the considerable cost of a rfu academy just supplies Bath with young talent and has virtually nil benefit to a non-premiership club.
So sounds a hurtful but probably untrue rumour to me.

headingleytyke
24 March, 2019 12:55
There is a double page spread in the Rugby Paper about the state of the club. It has Paul addick admitting that the rebranding was a mistake and actually had an adverse effect. It's not encouraging reading. It also picks a team of Leeds players who went on to play at higher levels.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 14:22
As picked up by our fans on twitter it's got the wrong player photos to the captions!
Let's hope for a regroup and better times ahead.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 14:50
It wasnt a really groundbreaking article and pretty lazy journalism really, hardly a scoop even says we are 1500 rattling round a stadium that he built etc

Also in paper Ward to Ealing and Glynn to Bristol clearly due to the situation we are in

Not fake news but a waste of 1.80

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 15:05
Quote:
opuscoitus
....Not fake news but a waste of 1.80

Yep.

AnIdiotAbroad
AnIdiotAbroad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 16:12
An article that wasn't really worth the column inches - nothing new. Never come across the journo personally but his reporting has been OK, he has an inside track but feel thee are some twists and turns to come. What I'm sure we all recognise is whaf a tremendous job the squad and staff are doing,in particular Stitrlo and Bodes. #professionsl #class

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2019 16:16 by AnIdiotAbroad.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 17:54
The bit I read looked like an old hash of story's.

Selby Kev
Selby Kev (IP Logged)
26 March, 2019 18:30
Dark days-eh? Shame-I think this team and these players have become class act under Sterlo. If they had started the season in this form they would be pressing for the Premiership now...what a waste! As others on this thread have said-surely someone can see the potential??? Great coach...great bunch of lads...credit to the game....and they seem determined to finish the season on a high. We live in hope.....????

MESSAGES->author
28 March, 2019 14:05
Long interview with Caddick in the Rugby Paper here .

headingleytyke
28 March, 2019 17:47
Amazing the change in just over a month. Our initial posts on this thread were about players coming in and now it's about players leaving and our possible demise. Reading on the rolling maul site the meeting for Monday has been brought forward by management to discuss different senarios with investors

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 19:22
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
Long interview with Caddick in the Rugby Paper here .

Interesting article, probably sums up the situation pretty well.

MESSAGES->author
SideStep (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 19:38
Very good interview. Shame we can't tempt Caddick back. That man plunged so much money into us.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 20:43
There's not many millionaire rugby loving Yorkshireman around....

Feeding
Feeding (IP Logged)
05 April, 2019 15:43
Hooker TJ Harris to Jersey from Wasps.

Any whispers from last weeks meetin?

Rugbywikileak
Rugbywikileak (IP Logged)
05 April, 2019 22:56
Quote:
Feeding
Hooker TJ Harris to Jersey from Wasps.
Any whispers from last weeks meetin?

They been told nothing !! Some very angry players apparently. Team selection might be interesting for next game.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 14:25
If true, that's really disappointing.

As supporters we have some skin in the game, but nothing like the players, their families and any other employees whose livelihoods might be under threat.

I understand that no-one has an obligation to bankroll oru hobby and I'm grateful to those who have done so, but I hope that the management are being as up front as possible with staff in this difficult time.

I can't see a good outcome here. I'm just grateful that we're going out with our heads up on the field thanks to CS and the lads.

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 09:28
Latest one I've heard is that a small number of players are contracted for next season but they take up a huge portion of the budget

Bolingey Pirate
bolingey pirate (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 09:17
Interesting comments, "Competitive Dad". This whole thread is about "Rumour Mill". One never knows how seriously to take these posts. I was told by a Leeds fan that Stirling was returning to the Pirates!! How we could afford him, and how he would fit in with our existing coaches, I just don't know. I've also heard this from a Pirates fan at the last game. My suggestion is exactly as Stirling says "Tough times don't last, but tough people do"!!!! Hang in there, I'm sure all will sort itself out eventually.......after all, look at the rough ride Cornish Pirates have had over the last ten years, but we are still here (despite still waiting for our "overdue" stadium!!!) Our last home game with you will be a very interesting affair .....good luck for the future!!

MESSAGES->author
08 April, 2019 15:37
According to John Newcombe on Twitter, there is to be a further meeting tomorrow to update players and staff.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 19:06
Quote:
Albert Fishwick
According to John Newcombe on Twitter, there is to be a further meeting tomorrow to update players and staff.

Yep just seen it, here's the full tweet:

Players and staff of Yorkshire Carnegie to attend a meeting tomorrow am, fronted by Gary Hetherington, where it is believed they will be updated on the clubs financial position.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 20:45
I see this as potentially good news as Dave Dockray and associates have clearly run out of cash.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 22:58
I have everything crossed for some decent news....come on YC!

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 23:14
[www.theguardian.com]

Another article about how much the prem clubs lost last season. Only the chiefs making money

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 23:45
The CVC deal will be absolutely transformational for the club game and, indeed, the game as a whole. Nigel Wray- Sarries

Really??

Rugbywikileak
09 April, 2019 11:53
No contracts being offered, no money, absolute scandal. !!!!!! So next season it is part time players or London Welsh scenario, playing in yorkshire leagues.

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 13:50
Quote:
Rugbywikileak
No contracts being offered, no money, absolute scandal. !!!!!! So next season it is part time players or London Welsh scenario, playing in yorkshire leagues.

Is this from someone in the know?

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 14:03
Quote:
Tyko
Quote:
Rugbywikileak

From what I've seen on Twitter it seems it is. We're F*cked !!!

MESSAGES->author
09 April, 2019 14:11
Well now that they have told those directly affected I would hope that they will enlighten the rest of us.

Rugbywikileak
09 April, 2019 14:16
Quote:
Tyko
Quote:
Tyko
Quote:
Rugbywikileak

From what I've seen on Twitter it seems it is. We're F*cked !!!

Budget for next year 500k which will go nowhere, players told no contracts available.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 15:30
Quote:
Rugbywikileak

The scandal is the person who promised the dosh but didn't deliver. Got a lot to answer for, especially when he stood up in front of fans earlier in the season with the promise.

CheshireTyke
ABL (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 15:40
Would love for the current board to do another meet and greet fans so we can get all the answers that we deserve as Gelbel said, they stood in front of us saying funding was there for the squad to make a premiership push! Not even finished that season and being told going part time. Massive mismanagement. But me thinks, they will just hide away and wait for it all to blow over.

Plus point though! I see Mr. Hetherington in the YP has said there is still aspirations of premiership rugby! Can someone PLEASE 1, give this man a reality check. 2, get him out of being anywhere near our club!

headingleytyke
09 April, 2019 16:18
If the budget figure banded around is true (500k) what has happened to the 1.2million mentioned at the last meeting.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 16:29
I wasn't at that session in October - I understand it was one person who promised (more of) his money.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 16:36
Quote:
headingleytyke
If the budget figure banded around is true (500k) what has happened to the 1.2million mentioned at the last meeting.

Promises from someone who didn't have those promises to offer.

Wensleydale Falcon
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 16:52
A very, very sad day for rugby union in Yorkshire!

English rugby " must have " top flight rugby union representation for the good of the English game in my opinion.

The RFU really needs to get their act together rather than sitting on their hands and looking after their own interests all the time and get a structure that works for clubs at all levels.

They need to realise that the game itself is bigger than the RFU and with YC decision today i fear that there will be a boat load of talented Yorkshire based players who will fall by the wayside.

headingleytyke
09 April, 2019 18:19
As we are going part time let's go back to our real name Leeds Tykes

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 18:22
Just when we were starting to get somewhere on the playing side.

Gutted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 18:22 by leemingtyke.

MESSAGES->author
SideStep (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 18:22
Joke of a club.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

RedcarTyke
RedcarTyke (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 18:57
The interview with Paul Caddick has alot of the answers, not enough people came, even when we were playing heiniken cup rugby, apart from a couple of matches in the Christmas period against Newcastle when Johnny Wilkinson was playing where we Got crowds of 12k and16k we always had small crowds in the premiership.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net