rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Former Players
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 13:32
Joe Ford scores all Tigger's points in victory over Wasps and also Jonah Holmes plays half of match at scrum- half!!

JDH1
Re: Former Players
JDH1 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 14:27
Yes I had to look again before seeing the J.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 09:25
Quote:
JDH1
Yes I had to look again before seeing the J.

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:29
Good job he did not cut his nails before the match. Talk about a fingertip try? I think the VR was in a generous mood!

alas
alas (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 14:03
Dom Barrow moving clubs yet again.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 15:04
Picture in Times this morning of Tigger's dressing room at half time with Jonah practising put-in to scrum. Was this to remind him not to put it in straight??

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 15:58
It's been a while since he did it last... all those new scrum set words

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 12:05
I see Charlie Beech has signed a two year deal with Doncaster

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 14:11
I believe he came on as sub in their last game? Does anyone know why he fell out with Coventry?

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 14:25
Maybe there ambitions have been halted too?

headingleytyke
headingleytyke (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 14:41
No coventry are expanding. It was the traveling 3 days a week. That's Elder is going back to Chinnor

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 13:22
Beech never found favour with the DoR. It was inevitable he'd go tbh.
We've procured three props since then, and let another one go. (Edit: we've procured four. I forgot one).

On a different subject, Asbo has announced his (expected) retirement, an will join April intheir new Gibraltar home at the end of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 13:24 by AdminBTCov.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 14:20
Quote:
AdminBTCov
......Asbo has announced his (expected) retirement, an will join April intheir new Gibraltar home at the end of the season.

Gibraltar?

(Sm124)

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 14:36
Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
AdminBTCov
......Asbo has announced his (expected) retirement, an will join April intheir new Gibraltar home at the end of the season.

Gibraltar?

(Sm124)

Well he always was solid as a rock.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 18:47
See nicely written piece on our Offie:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

MESSAGES->author
AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 19:36
Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
AdminBTCov

Gibraltar?

(Sm124)
Yup

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 14:12
Interesting and topical one: David Sisi:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

A couple of mistakes in the piece, he is shown in a Carnegie shirt but no acknowledgement that he played for us (though I think it was a season-long loan). Also I believe he plays lock for Italy - we can check that on Saturday!

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 16:16
[www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk]

Lee Imiolek now in construction.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 22:08
Good luck to Lee in my old world - construction. A word of warning, though: there is no referee in construction and some characters that make the most aggressive rugby player look soft!

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 22:12
That's my work world too. He will get to hear every possible excuse under the sun...

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
03 April, 2019 18:00
Taylor Prell signed a 2 year deal with Keighley Cougars today, was released by Warrington at the end of last season,

Can see him getting over for a few in that league

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2019 21:20
I liked watching Taylor play. Not sure what happened there.

Billy ba
Billy ba (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 09:22
I see Charlie Capps has signed for Glasgow. Another academy producy

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 10:34
Good player in the few times I have seen him play.
Some good players on offer for our club that's for sure.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 21:53

Dalesboy101
DALES till I DIE (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 21:54
I see Dan Preston-routledge is a regular for Rotherham when he's not injured and is committing himself to them for another year.

Max wright, Max green, Jack walker and now lewis Boyce has committed themselves to Bath for the future.

Jordan pool has had a good season at Darlington Mowden park, only missing 3 games out of 30, but I hear after there not so successful promotion plans he is leaving the Northern club to travel much further south after signing with Exeter chiefs.

Charles Capps has signed at Glasgow warriors after a goos season playing abroad in the French divisions.

Guy borrow dale has signed with Huddersfield again and I see younger brother Tor (Academy prospect) has joined him playing at Huddersfield on loan.

Anyone heard of any other former players having any success away from the club?

Billy ba
Billy ba (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 22:20
Pierce Phillips at Worcester

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 22:40
Always thought Poole was a good player. Couldn't understand how he didn't get more games for us and newborn was more in favour. Good look to him.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 23:42
Tommy Bell latest acquisition at Vallis Way.

Slightly off topic but Samson, the son of our former hooker Villi Ma'asi, is on Northampton's books and recently made his debut for England U-20's.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion (IP Logged)
19 April, 2019 21:31
Two former players who had brief periods at Headingley and are now at Worcester are moving at the end of the season.
Prop Gareth Milasinovich is joining Ulster, while lock Pierce Phillips is moving across the Channel to join Agen.

Dalesboy101
DALES till I DIE (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 18:51
Quote:
JDH1
Always thought Poole was a good player. Couldn't understand how he didn't get more games for us and newborn was more in favour. Good look to him.

Couldnt agree more! He was astonishing for us mighty greens when we was fortunate enough to have him on dual reg. His ball carrying skills was exceptionally good for such a young lad and only got better when he matured. I spoke to him over twitter when he announced he signed at Mowden park and from what he told me he said him and boden never clicked together and after a number of frustrating injuries newborn got his chance to step up and took them well enough to keep him out. I remember the day he dislocated his shoulder playing for Dale it was a terrible thing to witness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net