rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
London Irish match.
SideStep (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:43
Well who saw that coming?
Fantastic victory from the boys.
They deserve a ton of credit with the shower that is our behind the scenes management.

The score was Carnegie 26 - Irish 12 and this is the match report from the offie:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 18:16 by almostatyke.

JDH1
Re: London Irish match.
JDH1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:52
AMAZING PERFORMANCE!

Exile_Dave
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:54
Congrats on the win, you deserved it. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Bobba
Bobba (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:15
Thanks boys. Great effort. Great result.(Sm152)(Sm128)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:18
Thanks for your generosity in defeat E-D, and I agree with you we deserved it. Our best performance probably since we were relegated to the Championship IMHO.
To be 14-7 up at halftime against that wind, which at times had hail in it, was amazing. To complete the job and get a bonus point win in the second half - even better.
Best forwards performance for ages, standing up to, and at times prevailing, the physicality that Irish have was the key to victory.

Full marks to Pistol Pete for his two tries and MoM award, but I thought all the forwards should have shared it.

No doubt we have done Ealing a big favour.

Time Trial
Time Trial (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:27
Fantastic performance! From the first scrum I knew there was something special coming. Massive effort from all the pack with great performances from the front row,back row and I have to call out Matt Smith - immense today.

Performance like that is a league best. Completely nullified The Exiles today. Strong, committed, composed and disciplined. Well done lads! Blown Away!

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:48
All the forwards played out of there skins. Set piece top notch.
Massive congratulations to the lads and coaches.

MESSAGES->author
Madtyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:50
I just can't stop saying 'WOW!' what a performance, totally dominated the leading side in the Championship. Fantastic all round team performance and well all I can say is 'WOW!'.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:08
Fantastic effort from 1 to 15, a complete performance.

Immensely proud of them all today

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:11
You certainly know how to pick your matches Leeming!

I suppose you think that we are all a load of moaners and it has been like that all season?

Farmertyke1
Farmertyke1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:12
What a cracking game from all the team . Made The Exiles look very ordinary. They played with confidence today , well done to all .

yeldor
yeldor (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:14
Did you notice any drop off in performance when the subs came on? No me neither. Thatís a sign of a good team isnít it?

sent off carried off never backed off

Yorki
Yorki (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:17
Great performance from the team and good try's from YC. I thought the ref was ok but I always say that when we win.

Where we playing against premiership team today??? I thought we played a better standard of rugby across the board.

Selby Kev
Selby Kev (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:19
As all have said an "incredible professional and gutsy performance".I can see Irish losing a few more games on the basis of that performance? We were dominant in every department-except for 2 daft kicks? Does that mean IF Irish are set for promotion and we beat them that....we go up instead?? Just dreaming!

Worth noting that we have just seen the 'biggest margin of victory' against I-rich this season! If that doesn't wake up investors then I don't know what will...could have probably beaten Falcons or Wuss with a performance like that!??

Would be amazing to keep this group of players together...they are showing real Premiership potential.

An immense performance which does every player and coaching staff an enormous amount of credit. How on god's earth are we in this mess???? Lets hope for some rays of sunshine next week!!!!!!And well done Chris Sterling to motivate these players against this backdrop.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:21
Quote:
almostatyke
You certainly know how to pick your matches Leeming!
I suppose you think that we are all a load of moaners and it has been like that all season?

I wouldn't dream of such a thing Almo!

Instead I'll just bask in the glory of my 100% record ;-)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:21
We missed a few kicks at goal that could have got the score over 30, not that it mattered. Apparently it is the first time Irish have not taken at least a bonus point out of a league game all season.

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:24
Couldnít be any more proud of the whole squad and staff today, a full bloodied team performance and after what they have been through behind the scenes a great result

Fair play to all supporters who also realised what a tough time itís been and really got behind the team today,

RedcarTyke
RedcarTyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:31
A monumental performance today can only agree with all comments on the his thread

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:33
Stirlos post-match interview. A bit subdued IMHO considering the on-field performance.

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

Scuffer
Scuffer (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:37
The best performance since I canít even remember. Itís rare that weíve been so good from start to finish. Someone needs to back this team and coaches to fully unlock the potential. Get your act together Directors. CS has been saying for a while that this sort of performance was imminent. Itís just a shame there werenít more people there to see it.

Nosnibor
Nosnibor (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:13
Ditto all of the above. V. proud of the team today. Also much better atmosphere (as you'd expect with that performance). How good was our 1st half scrum? Well done N. Mayhew and Nixon.

Such a pity it looks as though it's all about to fall apart off the field.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:43
Thought Pete was immense today, covered every blade of grass and played with passion and total commitment. And that's without mentioning his two tries.

We won today because the forwards completely dominated the Irish pack though and I think my MoM would've been one of the fat lads, although I couldn't single one out, they were all brilliant

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:44
The aggression, intensity, commitment, discipline, accuracy were superb.
We had them on toast at scrum time. Lineout functioned brilliantly.
Cover tackles, aggressive defence from all. Some fantastic attacking set plays too. The fake switch drive off the lineout to send it out to the backs was really well worked.
No let up for 80 mins.

Unfortunately Chris's post match showed us all is not well. Such a shame as he could build something very special here. Of that I have no doubt.

Yorki
Yorki (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:54
I expect CS is sick to boots when his team has played so well and he has done such fantastic job since joining YC.

I have seem better reactions from CS when we have lost!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:17
CS has delivered everything he said he would. We are playing a much more progressive "Premiership" style of rugby of tactical kicking and organised kick-chases, combined with aggressive defence which is a great starting point for going forward.

Providing we have the money that is...Ö...

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:23
Massive if he stayed. Let's hope.

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:27
Just thinking back, I don't remember a single unforced handling error today despite the conditions. I think we won every one of our line outs as well

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:58
We put it together today. Lovely to see it was too!

inside-knowledge
inside-knowledge (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 01:49
Yes !!!
Your support is gold

We are on life support but not dead

Tough times donít last tough people do

Yorki
Yorki (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 02:31
Great performance I-K it all clicked as you predicted and in difficult weather conditions the team where superb.

JohnRich
JohnRich (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 06:04
Brilliant performance......nothing more to say really !

Tyko
Tyko (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 09:57
Thanks for keeping in touch I-K. We appreciate how difficult it is for you all at the moment.

Just seen Josh Bainbridge's tweet. Is that it then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2019 10:01 by Tyko.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 10:41
Well done Chris. Massive performance yesterday. Hang in there, hopefully the situation improves. The lads were a credit to themselves and the club yesterday putting that game together under the circumstances. A very proud moment for all. Let's hope others recognised what could be achieved here and back it with more than just words.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:31
Highlights are good.

With regards to LI. I thought you could bind to the ball carrier before they had taken the initial hit? They did it numerous times for there 2 trys.

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:07
Should have said couldn't

JDH1
JDH1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 16:17
[www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk]

Yorkshire post view.

oopnorth
oopnorth (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 18:59
First game for us since before stadium changes began. A marvellous performance all round, especially though the pack.

SixNineOne
SixNineOne (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:02
Every so often you come up against a team thatís playing out of their skins and I think thatís what happened to Irish on Sunday. 228 miles is a long way to travel to see your team get its backside kicked, but Iím hoping that it will serve as an overdue wake up call. I could see a lot of complacency in the Irish performance - we simply didnít know how to respond in the face of a team who were really up for it and whose tactical nous and kicking and handling skills were excellent despite the appalling conditions.
It was a brilliant performance by YC and Iíd like to see it repeated. Youíve got some very talented players - I thought Matt Smith among others played a blinder - I just hope the financial side can be sorted. Well done and best of luck to you all!

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 18:36
Quote:
SixNineOne
Every so often you come up against a team thatís playing out of their skins and I think thatís what happened to Irish on Sunday. 228 miles is a long way to travel to see your team get its backside kicked, but Iím hoping that it will serve as an overdue wake up call. I could see a lot of complacency in the Irish performance - we simply didnít know how to respond in the face of a team who were really up for it and whose tactical nous and kicking and handling skills were excellent despite the appalling conditions.
It was a brilliant performance by YC and Iíd like to see it repeated. Youíve got some very talented players - I thought Matt Smith among others played a blinder - I just hope the financial side can be sorted. Well done and best of luck to you all!

Thank you SixNineOne. (Sm152)

Johnflinn
NOM (IP Logged)
29 March, 2019 12:43
Ollie on the bench for Wasps A team tomorrow vs Tigers

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke (IP Logged)
29 March, 2019 14:42
Well we got 398 playing minutes out of Ollie before signing for a Premiership team. Don't blame Ollie at all, but it just shows how little value we get out of running a rfu academy without Premiership money and playing experience to offer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net