Latest news:
20/21/22 September KO TBC, Nottingham Rugby v Yorkshire Carnegie (we hope)
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Sympathy for the players and staff
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 03 May, 2019 19:11
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
03 May, 2019 19:11
In the last couple of years this messageboard has stepped-up in terms of optimism, despite sometimes challenging times "on the pitch". Whilst it has been really good to lift the gloom and doom, I just wonder if we are currently not being empathic enough to the players and staff, plus associated family, who are the ones really suffering from this season's unfortunate reversal of financial fortunes.

I try to put a brave face on it but the loss of the players and key staff members we have really got to know and like is like a knife wound. I also feel particularly for the young up and coming academy players who have had some of their ambition frustrated.

I want the club to continue but respect that a lot of damage has been done.

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2
03 May, 2019 21:55
Fair point. No matter how gutted we are - itís not our livelihoods is it?

For the squad to have put in the performances they did over the last 2-3 months with the uncertainty hanging over them is a real testament to the team spirit in the face of adversity. Relegation was still a possibility when this started.

Although it is painful and frustrating for us I hope we can be pleased for the players/coaches when their next moves are announced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net