Latest news:
20/21/22 September KO TBC, Nottingham Rugby v Yorkshire Carnegie (we hope)
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

County champtionship
Discussion started by Albert Fishwick (IP Logged), 03 May, 2019 19:37
MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
03 May, 2019 19:37
If anyone is already missing live action (and would like a distraction from all the gloom and doom) Yorkshire kick off their county championship games tomorrow against Northumberand at Wagon Lane, kick-off 3PM. A certain Joe Graham is captain.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
03 May, 2019 19:40
Where's Wagon Lane?

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
03 May, 2019 20:10
Home ground of Bradford & Bingley, Monsieur.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
03 May, 2019 20:14
Merci.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
03 May, 2019 20:27
De rien. And feel free to edit the thread title if that's possible, I didn't intend to coin a new word.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
03 May, 2019 20:30
We know what you mean, the messageboard is all the better for being "spontanius"

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
04 May, 2019 13:41
(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
04 May, 2019 17:08
59-3. A decent start.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
05 May, 2019 09:26
Former Tyke, James Tincknell, now of Ionians started in the centre. Good to see that he is still playing.

Bobba
Bobba
12 May, 2019 17:28
Yorkshire unlucky in loosing out to Cheshire 20-21 at Huddersfield YMCA in front of a good size crowd. In horrendous conditions in the first half Yorkshire took the lead with a penalty followed by a converted try only for Cheshire to come with a brace of trys sandwiching a further penalty for Yorkshire to lead the first half 13-14. The sun managed to come out for the second half, that however did not really improve the standard of play. A converted try apiece and the match ended wit a narrow win for Cheshire. It could have been so different were it not for a penalty by Minikin hitting the upright and a couple of knock on close to the Cheshire line. Nice to see Callum Irvine, who had a good game, and James Tincknell, who finished up on the scoresheet.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
12 May, 2019 17:46
Probably curtains for this year. Now need to beat Lancs next week and with luck Cheshire will go to the final!

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
18 May, 2019 20:31
For once, the thought was father to the deed. 20-26 at Fylde.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2019 21:08 by Albert Fishwick.

1spy
1spy
21 May, 2019 08:41
Cornwall make the Final again against Cheshire..6th time in Seven years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net