Latest news:
20/21/22 September KO TBC, Nottingham Rugby v Yorkshire Carnegie (we hope)
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

More News
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 10 August, 2019 11:25
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
10 August, 2019 11:25
Confirmation that we will not receive a points deduction from the Offie:

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
10 August, 2019 11:27
The way things are going we might get points added! (Sm126)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
10 August, 2019 12:32
Anyone brave enough to sneak a view at Rolling Maul - fear I can smell another batch of vitriol coming?

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
10 August, 2019 13:25
A special blend of bile and vitriol. We are being told to boycott our own matches for the good of the game in general. Marvellous.

Tyko
Tyko
10 August, 2019 15:58
Just a thought but I wonder if the RFU have bent over backwards to maintain a more even geographical spread of higher level rugby. Richmond, Scottish and Ealing, together with Quins and Irish (at Brentford) are all within spitting distance of each other.

Just a thought mind.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
10 August, 2019 16:20
Quote:
Tyko
Just a thought but I wonder if the RFU have bent over backwards to maintain a more even geographical spread of higher level rugby. Richmond, Scottish and Ealing, together with Quins and Irish (at Brentford) are all within spitting distance of each other.
Just a thought mind.

So prop up a club where there is little appetite for RU to the detriment of an area where it is is thriving?

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
10 August, 2019 17:02
I think Tyke has a fair point, but based on catching all the available talent as opposed to spectators.
The rfu want access to Yorkshire players to help keep up the standard of the England team (where all the money comes from) and a team based in Leeds helps them do that.
If we ever do get going properly again, who knows we might take the Kirkstall Academy back....

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
10 August, 2019 17:07
Quote:
almostatyke
I think Tyke has a fair point

(Sm164)

Bobba
Bobba
10 August, 2019 21:07
I have mixed feelings about the RFU's decision.

On the one hand, I am pleased that, subject to our being able to raise a team, we will start the season on an even playing field with the rest of the Championship, albeit as a semi pro outfit.

On the other hand, I feel that the RFU have bottled it. They appear to be rewarding a club that has been badly miss managed and brought to the brink of extinction by serious financial mismanagement by our top members of staff.

No doubt I will get grief for my views but, so be it.

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke
10 August, 2019 21:09
Quote:
Bobba
On the one hand, I am pleased that, subject to our being able to raise a team, we will start the season on an even playing field with the rest of the Championship, albeit as a semi pro outfit.

On the other hand, I feel that the RFU have bottled it. They appear to be rewarding a club that has been badly miss managed and brought to the brink of extinction by serious financial mismanagement by our top members of staff.

You'll get no grief from me Bobba. I haven't even looked at the 'proposed' fixture list, but if we go to Bedford early on, then we will not be on an even playing field will we?

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Bobba
Bobba
10 August, 2019 21:24
Quote:
Haxbytyke
Quote:
Bobba

You'll get no grief from me Bobba. I haven't even looked at the 'proposed' fixture list, but if we go to Bedford early on, then we will not be on an even playing field will we?

Too true! It never has been at Bedford.

RedcarTyke
RedcarTyke
11 August, 2019 07:51
Quote:
Bobba

I couldn't agree more

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net