Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wayne Barnes ......
Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 22:38

.... was shocking.

Couldn't you tell that the game was on tv?! Back to his showboating worst. Pedantic one minute and missing loads the next.

For once I agree with an IRB decision!!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: Wayne Barnes ......
Posted by: Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 22:43

He wasn't THAT bad.

For more like this, visit

damnwithfaintpraise.co.uk/justtobeawkward/

I'm happy dreaming
It's good for my health
Only when I'm dreaming
Am I really myself

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 22:53

Not sure I agree, Yorkie. I thought the IRB demotion had knocked a bit of the bounce out of him. There was a lot of whistle because the skill levels all around him were so poor.He was spot on with both Goode's cards. The worst official error of the game was the touch judge's failure to tell the ref about the push on Alex that caused him to kick off. All refs miss some things, but it wasn't Wayne's fault the game didn't flow.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 01:57

Actually - how was it that the TJ couldn't decide if Alex was in touch causing Wayne to go to the TMO in the first half - jeez - he's only got two jobs!

And I rather - though from my 'vantage' point it was hard to be certain - agree with Yorkie.

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
I was just my fathers son
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Leaving nothing but the dead and dying
Back in my little town

Posted by: Purebob (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 07:47

The view from the terrace behind the dugouts was that Barnes was dreadfully inconsistent. Mind you I've never heard praise from a referee from my Crumbie co-standees smiling smiley

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 08:01

Having just been demoted and told to change his style what did you expect? He was obviously out to prove a point at the breakdown. Not rolling away was nano seconds at the start

Posted by: inkworm (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 08:06

Quote:
Purebob
Mind you I've never heard praise from a referee from my Crumbie co-standees smiling smiley
rich w wasn't behind the dugout so the complaints may have been a bit quieter this week despite Barnes

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 08:12

DId they give out ear defenders in the A&L?

Date: 31 March, 2012 11:33

Oi!(Sm102)

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Back in my little town

Posted by: Dalmatian (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 11:43

With free speech comes the prerequisite of free listening nes pas?

Posted by: Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 12:40

Let me get this straight ...

You guys are actually complaining about how bad Barnes was for you?! Thats crazy, the amount of silly decisions and things that didnt go our way was unbelievable.

Obviously wouldnt have effected the outcome but it was bloody annoying to watch.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway!

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 12:42

No, you misunderstand, we are complaining about Barnes' decision full stop, for both sides. We would make it very clear if we meant just against Tigers !!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Date: 31 March, 2012 12:48

Inconsistent and pernickety - does not mean we think he favoured Wuss.

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Back in my little town

Posted by: Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 12:48

Oh I see. Well in that case I'll have to agree Barnes is a very annoying referee to watch (Sm128)

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 12:53

What Tiggs said.

He got the box ticked on the ref assessor's sheet for blocking at the lineout very early on!!!

Someone needs to tell him he's not there to be the star of the show.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Wils (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 13:48

Barnes is inept, as indeed are most of the English whistle blowers we see week in week out. No wonder Barnes is off the International panel.

He must have come off the pitch knowing he had had a complete meltdown. He simply has no empathy or understanding of match tempo or the flow of the game.

Penalty against Tigers scrum in the first half for wheeling when we had marched the Wuss pack about 5 yards took the prize for the evening.

The assistant ref's are even worse, how could they have misses Alex being knocked into the advertising boards by Wuss prop?, why no sanction for Wuss player?.

Wuss were lucky not to have two or three other yellow cards other then AG who just lost the plot & for many ruined a chance to see him play & welcome him back to Welford Road.

Wuss were totally negative througout, played little Rugby & Barnes was taken in by it.

Indeed Barnes seemed determined to get them a 7 pointer at the end come what may. He must have been thinking about his score as awarded by Wuss post game, I assume both teams mark the ref post match?.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 13:58

No I have asked about this, unlike football, there is no marking system in rugby.The clubs can and I know Tigers do,send in any comments they wish, whether these comments are acted on is a different matter.The clubs are not allowed to speak to the ref after the game, they can talk to the assessor. Tigers also do a video analysis af the refs as ther do the players. Make of that what you will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2012 14:15 by IDLETIMES.

Posted by: Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 14:09

...but the clubs are often on the phone to Ed Morrison on Monday morning to discuss the "merits" of the performance of the referee.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 14:17

Correct Sam but as above, doe's it make ant difference?.

Posted by: Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 14:29

It does - hence the demise of referees as recently as Debney and, before that, Leyshon

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net