Game after : Away v Sale Sharks AP Sat. 3rd May 3.15pm live on BT

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Re: Tigers must keep their cool in pressure-cooker clash
Posted by: ChrisG (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 08:57

But then if Saints, and Exeter, win, Exe are on your tails too. Plenty of twists and turns yet.

Posted by: melton tiger (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 10:23

Quote:
ChrisG
But then if Saints, and Exeter, win, Exe are on your tails too. Plenty of twists and turns yet.

But we do have that home game with Bath to fall back on - even we on this Forum are struggling to claim we are underdogs for that one...

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 10:26

Well given Bath's free-scoring, hard ground, style and the complete lack of pressure on them I fully expect them to turn up and treat us to an exhilarating display of running rugby at a pace which our lumbering old lardy boys will not be able to cope...

Underdogs? You bet!

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
I was just my fathers son
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Leaving nothing but the dead and dying
Back in my little town

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 10:49

Spot on from Cockers...

"You could say Manu Tuilagi being suspended for last year's final was a deciding factor in the four-point loss to Saracens."

As the other thread from the Chron shows, Mallinder has no intention of speaking to his players about discipline, so we must show the patience of er.... Saints to avoid reacting like Manu did and missing more important games.

Posted by: Saint Tim (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:51

Duncan,

Having a continued laugh? Manu reacting? - he was the original transgressor if you remember with the tackle off the ball - a common Tigers tactic so you probably don't realise the law in that area.

Looking forward to this game - it should be a cracker.

http://www.smurfomatic.plus.com/sttim.gif

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

Tetleys Block F E143

Posted by: ChrisG (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 15:12

Ah but Melton we could claim we too have a haome game with Wuss to fall back on, then again Watford RFC might implode too winking smiley

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 15:18

I agree with Cockers, this is no time (well there never is one really) for suspensions etc whatever the circumstances. Will be very disappointed if any of our boys start/react to any silly stuff this week. Mallinder doesn't seem to be helping things though....

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 15:18

Come on Tim - is that the best you can do by way of escalation?

Duncan's post seems to read to me as an acknowledgement of fault on Manu's part - but it seems that's not enough for you.

Shall we discuss the late hits on Flood in that semi-final? A common Saints' tactic perhaps...

Or shall we all just calm down?

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
I was just my fathers son
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Leaving nothing but the dead and dying
Back in my little town

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 15:41

Tongahuia's given an interview to the BBC saying he thinks the northampton players all lose their heads in big pressure atmospheres, no wonder they can't help but resort to thuggery.

Has Alesana gone to the hairdressers this week?

Date: 12 April, 2012 15:44

Hi Tim! (Sm150)

Well said Rich.

Posted by: Saint Morrissey (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 17:06

Tiny is one of the cleanest props I've ever seen play the game. He never seems to get into trouble or in a fight. It would be a very brave man to take him on though!! This is a very important match for both teams and I can see a draw on the cards! That doesn't help us that much though but it is the exeter game that is crucial. Can we agree to a bonus point draw? Oh and we are definitely underdogs (Sm115)

Posted by: SimW (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 18:15

I'd take 3 from this game.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 18:24

5th columnist!

Date: 12 April, 2012 20:39

Duncan (Sm150)

I wasn't trying to escalate. I like the banter between supporters and some of the stuff recently has been worrying.

I did interpret it differently having be told that Manu responded to a knee in the back which was if anything (and after many viewings I could not see it) and thus the incident was the fault of Ashton.

I suppose it was a scratch at an old sore and I should not have responded.

One thing - and again I do not wish to escalate things - but I saw a comment about the Calum ban severity against the Manu one where it was stated the incidents could not be compared. Without doubt Calums was bad - very bad and none of us disagree with that.

I would point out though that people can be killed by a single punch - there was someone convicted of manslaughter this week I think on the back of a single punch. So of the two Manu - whilst rightly dealt with less severely actually had the potential to be more serious.

ok - now please don't pan me for that - I am not saying that Calum got anything less than deserved.

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

Tetleys Block F E143

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2012 00:56

All at bit "if, but" and "maybe" for me there Tim.

Manu reacted to something. Clarke injured Rob after the whistle had been blown. Ashton missed no games as a result of Manu's actions but Rob ......

Don't believe it was a Tigers fan who brought up the Manu incident again as we've all now moved on!!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Date: 13 April, 2012 07:10

It was Yorkie - but as you say time to move on.

Benjamin Franklin

Tetleys Block F E143

Date: 13 April, 2012 08:45

And it doesn't matter whether you saw the knee. The judge did. Just like he accepted clarke's claim that he wasn't acting intentionally.

Date: 13 April, 2012 13:16

Amazing what judges see isn't it winking smiley

Benjamin Franklin

Tetleys Block F E143

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2012 13:28

Well we could have a 3 point draw.That would keep both sides in it.Exeter could yet have a big say in this as they have to play Saints and Sarries.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net