Latest News:

Next Game: AP : H v Gloucester Sat 16th September ko 3.00pm Live on BT
Game after: AP : A v Harlequins Sat 23rd September ko 3.00pm Live on BT

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Re: New kit launch date announced
inkworm (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 21:55
Why not just go the whole hog and replace the red and white with something else like yellow and black.

Has there ever been a worse strip in the club history?

I cannot think of a word that sums up my loathing of this kit sufficiently. No tradition or heritage evident in this, even Stade never wore anything this dire.

ballsout (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 21:58
As an neutral I reckon it looks shocking and a giant step backwards over your current excellent kit. But then Canterbury are used to making fugly kit

JK (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:01
If Carlsberg made kit... it wouldn't look like this.

My Brother-in-law says they definitely need to change the sponsor to Frosties!

They're Grrrrrrreat!

JK (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:04
Rather spooky picture of Castro with a lot of scantily clad young girls who may or may not be modelling the leotard version of the new kit!

Here

vicky_c (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:06
OK I am going to pronounce my judgement...after 2 glasses of Chilean Merlot....

It is utterly fugly. Inky you are spot on...Stade's designs have style. This is just, well, generic cack. Hate it I do

inkworm (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:11
I seem to recall there being a colouring competition for the JTC that my daughter had a go at, her efforts weren't far off that but she isn't 4 yet. Or maybe they had one of the forwards design it.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:15
Looks to me that they have taken the current stock design and photoshopped some stripes and coloured them white & red.

Still hate it

And for the record I hate Marmite and Vegemite as well

JK (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:16
It does make one wonder just exactly how much market research was done prior to the manufacture of this kit?

If the answer is greater than or equal to "any", you do wonder who carried it out.

I would estimate 90% negative response across this and various other Tigers related pages.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:17
Gonna make my feelings known on facebook in the morning on the official page.

Robb T (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:20
I think I could have liked it if the stripes were all over the shirt and there was no "bib".

Johns (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:22
Oh dear, I have to agree with Yorkie.

Glad I did not order one on the basis of the U Tube

I have a nice new Cotton trader first team shirt and the European one.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:23
Good job they plan to replace it next year then isn't it!

For me it should have gone the whole hog and not had the bib, not sure how that would look but presumably like the base layer which does look very good.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:23
True, I think we could all have come up with a better design, but it's about uniformity and cost.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Johns (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:32
Dear Fran

Please return to manufacturing Rugby Shirts.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:39
But only if you start sizing shirts properly, stop them fading and shrinking and have them available before November. Cotton Traders were rubbish at crucial things. It was the right call to sack them off. Whether they have replaced them with the best alternative is very much up in the air.

Hot_Charlie (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:40
Sadly I'm already having visions that Canterbury's work experience kit designer has been inspired by a "famous" Hull City FC football kit in their change (away) shirt designs...

Even the stripless kit of 2003-2005 was better than this. Even the short lived European (entirely green - and un-worn in competition IIRC) shirt of 2001-2 was better than this!

O
M
G

AndyY (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:41
As Brian Clough once said: "it's crap, it's b100dy rubbish"

Roger (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:52
Well I definitely won't be wearing one of those. Worst looking strip in the history of rugby. Whoever 'designed' that needs to be sectioned.

Roger (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:00
What are the chances of the change strip and the third strip all being equally fugly?

Johns (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:01
Get the feeling that shirt sales will plummet.

This is the sort of thing that is likely to be raised at the AGM at the end of the year.

If sales of shirts are low the Directors will get a bashing.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net