rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game : Saturday 20th Dec. 3.15pm AP Away v Northampton Saints live on BT
Game After : Saturday 27th Dec. 2.00pm AP Away v Sale Sharks not live on TV

Stuart Lancaster on Radio Red Top tonight.
Rich W (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 18:07
And taking questions.

To begin at the beginning:

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless
and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched,
courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the
sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboatbobbing sea.

Re: Stuart Lancaster on Radio Red Top tonight.
KevinR (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 19:59
Never heard 5Live called that before! I've always thought Talksport was more of that ilk.

seori (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 21:26
Didn't listen, but he cited Croft's try vs France and Youngs's try vs Ireland as two of his three favourite England moments thus far, seemingly (third being Twickenham support).

dailywaffle (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 21:36
Quote:
KevinR
Never heard 5Live called that before! I've always thought Talksport was more of that ilk.

I must admit that I too, perhaps erroneously, thought that RRR referred to Talksport.

Rich W (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:04
Radio Red Top: obsessed with soccer and celebrity; most of its programming made up of ranting members of the public; trivialised news and lightweight, unpenetrative, sycophantic vanity interviewing.

And typically tonight - Lancaster given a spectacularly easy ride.

thomh (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:43
What sort of a ride were they meant to give him? The program was advertised as the public's chance to ask him questions, not as a post-tournament debrief.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 22:50
Could have phoned up up and told him he was rubbish, or asked him some searching questions on England's attacking play. 5Live would have loved some conflict so if there was none then most likely people didn't phone up to grill him.

ChrisC (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:21
Saw a clip of him on TV this morning on the subject of Wayne Smith joining his coaching team.

He muttered his usual management speak but in effect said that the loss of Andy Farrell's services wasn't that significant as he (Lanacaster) set the attacking style and policy (hands up if you knew there was one!)and Farrell just did the detail work. Which was presumably telling his son to kick the ball away at every opportunity.

Johns (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:43
They had an attacking style.must have missed it.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:47
So Wayne Smith will get overall directions as to the attacking style and told to deliver the details. He will then put his head in his hands and weep.

See that girl
Watch her scream
Kicking the dancing queen

Rich W (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:57
I would have rung had I had time. I have before. As it was I sent a text - which they didn't read out. Mind you it wasn't as gushingly positive as those they did read.

And the interviewer doesn't have to conduct a debrief - but a few questions about the poverty of attacking play rather than eulogising the great wins in Edinburgh and Rome might have been more insightful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net