Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Barred from Oval Park
Johns (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 08:27

Re: Barred from Oval Park
Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 08:45
Good for Cockers. I'd expect any other head coach or DoR at any other club to do exactly the same in equivalent circumstances.

I remove unbilicals
Wear your thong
You saxophone
Saxophone, you

IanC (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 08:47
The club understandably disappointed that the England set up decided to publically pronounce on our players. After all the Flood one was preceded by the public announcements by England on Croft's injury.

Rich W (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:47
Perhaps next time we have an injury to an EPS member we should annonunce them as unfit immediately before any squad announcement from HQ.

I'll tell you what I saw him
He was sittin' behind us down at the Pantages
And whatever it is that he's got up his sleeve
I hope it isn't contagious
What's her name? Is that her there?
Christ, I think he's even combed his hair!

Fat Boy (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:05
Quote:
IanC
The club understandably disappointed that the England set up decided to publically pronounce on our players. After all the Flood one was preceded by the public announcements by England on Croft's injury.

Very understandable. While Lancaster's open approach to the media is all well and good in most circumstances, he (and his team) clearly need to learn when and where a bit of discretion is required. Ditto with regards to Mike Ford commenting on George starting.

Ed - TigerBud (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:12
Quote:
Rich W
Perhaps next time we have an injury to an EPS member we should annonunce them as unfit immediately before any squad announcement from HQ.

I think we would have done if it was any other time in the season. Cockers, rightly in my opinion, trying to take the pressure off George Ford. If he came out and said Ford will be starting at Twickenham the press will go into overdrive.

It's frustrating, as we all know what's happening, but I agree with Cockers stance.

There are things in the Leicester club you cannot buy; the ethos, the history and the spirit.

Rich W (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:34
I don't think we'd comment on the fitness of any EPS player in the week before an England game.

seori (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:41
Agreed with Rich - feel very sure England wouldn't like the boot on the other foot.

Ed - TigerBud (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:57
Sorry Rich, I mis-read your post! I thought you were saying Tigers should have announced his injury. Apologies!

There are things in the Leicester club you cannot buy; the ethos, the history and the spirit.

Rich W (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:59
No worries - probably didn't make myself clear.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 12:34
I think we are all agreed about this, well done Cockers.

ballsout (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 14:44
Yes hooray for Cockers, he can clearly do no wrong

Purebob (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 14:52
Look Ballsout, Bath already nick our old players, don't start trying to nick our coaches too !

Attention all planets of the solar federation
We have assumed control
We have assumed control
We have assumed control

Rich W (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:18
Quote:
ballsout
Yes hooray for Cockers, he can clearly do no wrong

The word is spreading!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:24
Thanks to Bath for showing us the errors of Richard's coaching over the last few years.

ballsout (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:23
So basically Flood is crocked for a long while, and because no one believes a word Cockers says any more, the England medics wanted to do their job and check with an upcoming tour to South Africa to plan.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:31
And because they are about as discreet as a four-year-old who's just been told that Santa's coming and if she shouts a lot she'll get extra chocolate, they're not allowed in. Seems fair to me.

I remove unbilicals
Wear your thong
You saxophone
Saxophone, you

SK 88 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:46
As Cockerill says in the guardian I don't here Lancaster bollocking on about Care or Monye's injuries and they are in exactly the same situation.

Ballsout can but out.

seori (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:47
(duplicate point to SK88)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2012 18:47 by seori.

the gaffa (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:58
"So basically Flood is crocked for a long while, and because no one believes a word Cockers says any more, the England medics wanted to do their job and check with an upcoming tour to South Africa to plan"

So the clubs head coach is a liar and its OK for the RFU puppets, to advise the clubs opposition about the fitness and therefore the probable selection of the team they are to play in the next few days.
That must be a tongue in cheek post or you must be on another planet.
How about they pop into the RFU`s pets home and do a random search for any scalpels left laying around that may cause injury.
When you receive the queens shilling you fight for the queen, so let them wait until the pay the shilling.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net