rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP Home v Worcester Warriors Sunday September 23rd ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game After: AP Home v Sale Sharks Sunday September 30th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Memories Part 5...
TheLeicesterTigers.co.uk (IP Logged)
14 August, 2014 22:36
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 20:31 by Tiggs.

Re: Memories Part 5...
Stopsy (IP Logged)
15 August, 2014 21:39
Many thanks Chris, always great to read how one visit ends up with a life sentence.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2014 09:53
Thanks Stopsy (this is me by another name!)

Stopsy (IP Logged)
16 August, 2014 10:07
I wondered who smiling smiley. I have always been delighted at the reaction of rugby players when we fans ask for their time off the pitch, especially for the future fans. That goes for all clubs in my experience too.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2014 10:18
Me too, Joel and Jonny have proved to be the rule rather than the exception. We couldn't believe it in those early days!

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
19 August, 2014 16:35
Wilko always was a class act with the fans - I remember him after the match where he'd been eye-wateringly high-tackled by Goodey and Newcastle got routinely stuffed, and he was charm itself after the match. Geezer Junior I still has the signed programme with his name - it took Wilko to ask his name so he could include it in a little message.

Prompted me to look back at a few pictures I've taken after matches, and there's a beaut of Marcos "packing down" with my two nippers. I remember someone saying as I was taking the picture, "You can't buy that." Long may it last.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

S4llyC (IP Logged)
20 August, 2014 08:21
Hear hear- thanks Chris for sharing more special moments. It's great that the top professionals still maintain the best parts of the amateur era.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
20 August, 2014 12:46
You're welcome Sally, I enjoyed writing it as it brought back these and many other great memories!

Rich W (IP Logged)
21 August, 2014 15:43
Thanks Chris - what a happy piece - full of joy. Fantastic.

Johns (IP Logged)
21 August, 2014 16:04
Thanks Chris what treasures you have of the children as they make their way in the world.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
21 August, 2014 17:39
Thank you for all the nice comments. I'm no great scribe - as evidenced above! - so I'm pleased people found my ramblings of interest.

John, you are so right, they are in their mid-20's now but we still reminisce about these and lots of other great Tigers experiences when we all get together.

Johns (IP Logged)
22 August, 2014 10:42
Chris, I was at the ground the morning after we won the last Pilkington Cup.

In sweeps a car and Wheelbrace gets out of the back looking loke he had a very long night and hands my son the cup.

He raised it above his head to a great cheer from fellow supporters. The photograph is framed and in our lounge. He gets married next Saturday so will take it along. Magic moments.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
22 August, 2014 13:00
Great story John, and congratulations and best wishes for the wedding. A worthy occasion at which to show off a great photo!

Yorkie (IP Logged)
22 August, 2014 16:11
Poor excuse for missing a game though john!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Johns (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 08:08
He will I hope only get married once Yorkie, I hope to be at many more Tigers games.

What a pity the beautiful princess had to miss the Munster game Ebenezer.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 16:38
School came first on that occasion john.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Tiggs (IP Logged)
23 August, 2014 19:13
Many thanks TF1

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net