rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: HCC Home v Scarlets Fri. Oct. 19th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: PRC Away v Saracens Sat. Oct. 27th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Not funny
Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2014 17:47
I assume it's a joke. The mailshot from the club today. An ad for the "season ticket taster" (received I assume as we gave up our season tickets at the end of last season after 16 years) lists the 7 remaining home fixtures, after Barf, all as "Saturday 3pm. Fixture dates and times subject to change".

Enough said. The principal reason we gave up the ST's, and why I know a lot more who are doing the same after this season.

Not angry with the club I suppose really, except it is misleading to those who may not know better. Just a reminder of how gutted I am about how some aspects of the game have changed so drastically over time for the worse.

And as for the Barf game...we bought our old season ticket seats (Gold seats - ) for that one as it was listed as Saturday: take some friends, New Year fixture, boozy do, etc. Now ruined as such an occasion. (Sm19)

Re: Not funny
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
01 December, 2014 14:22
Sorry to hear it Tigers fan. The game has sold out to TV. Money is the name of the game. If you can live with it you do what I will do and will renew if you can't you do what you have done, I assume you will still be coming to some individual games. Yes the game has and is changing, whether it is all for the worse is, of course , a matter of opinion.

Roger (IP Logged)
01 December, 2014 16:07
Definitely all for the worst. A Sunday evening KO is disgraceful.

Ironically, the few games I do get to these days tend to be those not at 3pm on a Saturday.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 07:01
Idle yes I am still coming to individual games but for example sadly not the Toulon game, Sunday evening's a no go for us. I acknowledge, whether the changes in the game are for the worse or not is subjective - the game needs the TV money and it means the sport is a different package now. I still love the game, my club and national sides, unfortunately I just won't be watching them live as much as I used to, out of personal choice.

Purebob (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 08:13
We seem to have been messed around worse than ever this season with KO times. Because we didn't make the final last year perhaps ?

Donate now to Cancer research

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 08:21
Because we turn up whenever? No Christmas home fixture either...

Tiger tiger (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 08:58
Not going to lie, 3pm sat is the worst time possible for me. Much prefer early or even better late kick off times on saturdays as it means i can play for my club before heading to welford road. Sunday at 1 is even better and possibly6 y prefered time.

Each to their own i guess.

No Xmas fixutre is very annoying but at least the game is in the north west so i can tie in visting family at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 09:00 by Tiger tiger.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 18:15
Swings and roundabouts. I can't agree with Roger that everything is worse, eg, the stadiums are better than they have ever been. Certainly a Sun. 5.30 ko is probably even worse than a Fri night. On my part it requires some negotiation with Mrs Idle re the car.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 18:20
No xmas game I can accept funnily enough - the same 6 teams can't have the home game every Xmas. But as I said at the top, having the New Year game (and moving it after announcing it as a Saturday k.o.) on a Sunday is pants.

Anyway as far as the rugby goes, let's hope Toulon don't fancy a cold Sunday evening in the East Midlands. Then again we can't rely on the old "the French don't travel well" because they aren't French!

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 December, 2014 22:35
It's not exactly a New Year game is it? Some of us are already back at work.

There were imo two possible xmas games before and after - not ten days later...

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2014 19:46
Quote:
Rich W
It's not exactly a New Year game is it? Some of us are already back at work.

Including me but Saturday was as close as it was going to get.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net